Chapter 149 - It Sure Needs Thinking To Build A Long History

I met again, with the former Emperor of Hattuo, Guta. It had been some time since the last meeting. Ah, hmm, it really hadn't been that long, to tell the truth. But since I had been running between meeting Calius-senpai, John-Sensei, the Headmaster as well as trying to scout several others, it felt like it had been longer than normal.

And, the current place we were holding our meeting was, in fact, inside a horse carriage.

Yep, we were on the road. Not to mention the destination was set for Hattuo. Hm? You were asking me if Guta was released or not if that was the case? Ah, no no no no no, nope. This was my boss (the King), we were talking about, you know. The one who went ahead and cut off all the useless nobles and killed all those anti-kingdom rebels and stupid nobles, that Boss. That King Kesamu would never had allowed Guta to ran free, would he?

Then why? I had been given the [Highest Order] to get Hattuo down under Elzmu rule as soon as possible. What an overbearing way of using people. In simpler terms, I was currently going over to 'observed' Hattuo. In even simpler terms, he knew about my teleportation magic, which allowed me to go and return whenever I wanted. Really, what an overbearing way of using people.

Which results in the following members on this trip....

" ....eryl..... Commander Beryl. "

As those thoughts went through my mind, I realized that Guta was trying to engaged me in a conversation. It seemed like he had been calling me for some time. As I was still wrapped up in my thoughts, I accidentally looked at Guta with dazed eyes.

" Sorry about that. I was thinking about something. What was it you want to talk about? "

" Ah, we came out earlier than I expected and I was wondering if these few numbers of guards would be enough. "

Guta said, as he looked out the window. Well, it was true that the number of guards that can be seen was not much. These numbers would be adequate for passing through the street but it so happened that we were in in the middle of the grass plains heading towards the Iza River. Demon beasts often appeared along these areas so it was understandable why Guta was feeling insecure.

" Don't worry, these guards possess better skills than you thought. "

" That is...! "

Guta seemed to had grasped the meaning behind my words. The members going along with us to Hattuo was consisted of members from the Black Knights Intelligence Corps as well as those with their unique set of skills that I scouted.

It was a high-leveled group which possessed power that one normally could not imagined. And it seemed that Guta realized that as well. And their eyes were always 'observing'. Not only just the citizen's reactions, they had to take in everything about the country we were about to take over.

Information was important.

Which was why, I had only chose those with skills. That did not meant that they were lacking in attacking power. At least Buu-san and Nyaru-san alone had the strength to go though the [Demon Forest].

" I see. "

Guta nodded and directed a smile at me.

" I don't really want to say this, but have you forgotten who is the strongest around here? "

It really wasn't something I should say about myself though. But I had decided not to be humble nor hiding my head under a rock this time around. As I had decided not to go easy, taking down Demon Beasts shouldn't posed a problem foe me. I can't say for sure there would not be anyone better, but I knew that I was one of the top in regards to Elzmu, or the Raiina continent, for that matter. So there should be no trouble with these Demon Beasts. If I were to ever fail, it would meant that most people in this world would die as well.