Chapter 051 - Maria's Father

TN: Ahhhh. What a nice break. Just in time too, since I got hooked on something and don't really feel like translating. LOL.

Happy Halloween guys.

Selphy's roommate was no other than the girl Will had christened 'Holy Mother' ―――― Maria, the committee chairman who belongs to the gentle and absentminded type of character.

Plus, Selphy was in a terrible mood at that time for room assignment and the only one who was willing to be with her was Maria. To put it another way, she saved Selphy by just being there.

Thanks to Will, Selphy, who was freed from the noise, grew closer to her roommate and now, they became best friends.

You might think that Will had no friends but that was not the case. Selphy too, had quite a bit of female friends apart from Maria.

The magic lessons went smoothly and Will's class was leading in terms of magic perception. And now, it was finally the time to learn some magic spells.

Will did it easily but the rest of the 10 year old class, including Selphy and Zen, were having trouble with the pronunciation. Zelda-sensei had grumbled about being irritated with the excessive vowel sounds and was supported by the entire class. (Apart from 1 person)

[TN: If you heard Japlish, you'll understand.]

And so, the end of April came.

Although they were only on the level of learning simple spells and magic circles, not yet even learning how to activate nor had confirmed what their attribute were, Selphy, Zen and Will were busily studying for the sake of skipping grades and the time just flew pass.

'But Will most likely had already finished his studies.' Selphy said, smiling bitterly as she sat up on the lower bunk, having just woke up from her sleep. Maria had already been up for some time but that was usual so there was nothing to be surprised about.

Today was Saturday.

Even so, Maria was wearing her uniform. Rubbing her half-awoken eyes as she climbed out of her bed, Selphy looked at her, curious. Maria then tilted her head slightly, like how she always does, and laughed gently.

" The May Festival is coming soon right! "

" ...Eh, ah, yea. "

With the rug pulled out under her by that, Selphy could only mumble a few sounds with her half-awoken brain.

Even so, Maria was not bothered by that and was instead in a really good mood. It was rare to see her humming as she braided her hair at the washbasin. By the way, Maria usually wears her hair in a twin braid.

And I am ready ~♪

Now she was even making up her own lyrics. Unable to ignore, Selphy stood, fully awake, her mouth opened.

" You have something on today? "

Hearing that, Maria began advancing towards Selphy with such a force that cause her to stumble back onto her bed.

" Do you want to know~? "

Looking at the excited Maria, Selphy nodded, smiling wryly. Most likely she will be forced to listen even if she said no. Selphy then sat down on the chair by her table.

" You see, today I will be having lunch with my father somewhere near the castle! "

" Eh! How nice, to be near the castle! Not to mention meeting with your father! Does he live nearby? "

The unexpected answer made Selphy leaned forward. Of course, Maria's family must be living far away since she was currently living in the dormitory, which was why Selphy asked. The both of them are 10 years old currently and haven't entered the I-hate-my-father phrase of their life. Therefore, they were purely happy that Maria was about to meet with her father whom she hasn't seen since a month ago.