Chapter 099 - Separating Teams

TN: Now the problem is, is Will gonna be wearing a watermelon speedo or is he gonna be wearing a school *gasp* swimsuit??

1 more to go guys!

The rules to the Swimming Tournament was simple.

Apart from attacking other teams, any magic or methods can be used to get to the goal within the shortest time. Because of this rule, people who won by purely just swimming were few and far in between, and it was not a tournament that relied on one's body build or reflexes. Therefore, if all went well, even the 1st years had a chance to win the 3rd years.

Everyone's expressions in the class changed as Zelda-sensei explained the rules proudly. Seeing this, I felt that Zelda-sensei was not a sensei just for show. Although he was as hot-blooded as a certain tennis-player. And that he was currently only wearing a T-back.

Anyway, as he managed to stir the fire within everyone, they stayed silent, waiting for his next words.

" Well then, the first team is Maria and.... "

Yes, he began to announce the members of the different teams.

Of course, since this was still a school tournament, there was still an underlying objective to it. To sum it up, cultivating the character as well as to improve the communication between students.

Because you couldn't win just by using magic. So, this was not just about one's swimming skills or magic techniques, but creativity as well. And the main point of the entire tournament, is the team.

Teamwork, tactics, making use of each other skills.

To improve the communication within the class, there was no need to clump people within the same cliques together, which was why we didn't get to choose the teams, rather, the teachers did that.

Ahh, there might also be that they wouldn't want people with ability to team up together, upsetting the balance. I was really thankful for this. It was really a system filled with consideration.

Yep. Because in my previous world, it was horrible. As it had to be a mixed team of boys and girls, there was a 'Rock-Paper-Scissors' war going on. They were so desperate not to get roped into the same team as me.

....Can I cry? Ah, somehow the scenery in front of me was getting blurrier. Rrrrrrrrr.

" Then, the last team, the 4th team! Mi, Selphy, Zen and Will! Okay! Get into your teams and start your discussion! "

As this me was crying like a kid in my inner heart, my name was called. Zelda-sensei said new connection within the class would form right? Yep.

.......It was all a lie!!!

" Mmm, it turned out this way. "

" Somehow is this still the same group as we have in class! "

After gathering, Zen completed my sentence. Mi and Selphy were nodding in agreement happily. Well, although there were no new relationships, at least they were all people I knew I would have fun with.

A grin played on my mouth as I gestured the 3 to come closer.

" So, the only one who can't swim is Zen. "

The 2 besides Zen nodded at my words. I knew Selphy learned how to swim in the forest spring but Mi was a surprise. It seemed like the head of Sociunnov declared, out of nowhere, that all men needed to know how to swim and Mi took swimming lessons as per his father's orders.

.....Oi.

He definitely knew about this, Mi's father. He's an oldboy here, wasn't he? Stop trying to give your son special privileges!