Chapter 066 - Raging Bear

" Just a moment, Will. "

As I was idling in the dorm after lessons, I was called out by Headmaster who looked unusually troubled. Since Abi's incident was tentatively over after talking with Zirco-san, he must have come to talk about the compensation for the broken crystal ball and the destroyed classroom.

Ahh..... My secret savings were going to decrease.

But I should have some leftover so it should still be alright. As I had wanted to eat some familiar food, known as 'B-grade gourmet food' in Japan, I had Buhual-san gathered some spices for me and made some sauce and stuff. And thanks to that, I earned some pocket money.

Or rather, as it was super popular, I earned enough to even buy the entire land around my house.

....Hehe.

Anyway, I believed I should had no problem with money.

Ah, speaking about money... Caralsdoni-san. According to Maria, he does not sound like a bad person but magic exists in this world. As long as the possibility of him being controlled by the slave collar existed, it was better to be careful.

Although it didn't feel good to be doubting a friend's parent, it was not confirmed that Caralsdoni was the culprit. He might be in a similar situation as Chiffon. Or rather, that possibility was higher.

As a merchant basing his trade around this country, why would he go looking for trouble with King or Beryl's family? As I heard, he had a favorite phase [Energetic as long as there is money in this world]. As that kind of person and a merchant, it was difficult to think that he would do anything that could result in a loss for him.

King, as well as Beryl family had lowered their taxes as well as the toll to enter the gate in order to improve the economy. In anyone's eyes, even with the incident 3 years ago, it would be better for the merchants to choose King's side than the corrupted Nobles. Even without that reason, as someone who single-handedly brought up his company, he should be able to do simple calculations about which side would give him profit.

Despite him being wanted, I do not think that he was the mastermind. Ah, I did share all of these with Zirco and he seemed to be putting that in consideration as well. Anyway, I left all Caralsdoni-related stuff to the leader of Intelligence Corps, Zirco.

As my job was supposed to be over, I did not think that it was the reason I was called...

Hmm.

Who called me anyway? Headmaster, please give me an explanation.

Thoughts ran through my mind as I approached the school gates and got a shock.

" How troublesomeeeeee!!!! "

A bear was raging outside the gates.

" ...........What's the matter, Buhual-san? "

Hahhh, a sigh leaked out. It looked like he did not visit in peace. ....Once the summer holidays are here, I'll stroke Chiffon to my heart's desire!

" And? What happened? "

I confronted the still-excited bear after capturing him. As the Academy does not allow outsiders, I lead him out to eatery in the streets. In cases like this, being in the capital sure was handy. There were an abundance of shops lined up here.

Calming Buhual-san down, I made sure no one was around us before taking a seat. We were not specially attracting attention but just in case. Letting out a bit of mana, I cast it chantlessly.

《遮音》[TN: Sha On, sound block]

Looking at Buhual-san's panicking reaction, it might be better not to be heard.