Chapter 048 - Miso Is Troubled

TN: BIG 2.

I need to explain, the author jumped between 3rd person and 1st person when writing this. I just standardize it all.

What should I do, what should I do, what should I do.

Miso――――no, Mi Sociunnov briskly walked down the corridor.

" We are not commoners but the lord who governs over them――――――――Never forget this. "

Mi replayed his father, the current Count and head of the family, Manuel Sociunnov's words. Yes, his father had said that to him before he left for the academy. His meaning might mean, never be looked down by those in the capital despite being a noble from the countryside. If not, he can never rule, was what Mi understood. However, Mi got crushed from the start.....

The gloomy Mi was panicking inside, and all he could think was 'Oh no oh no oh no oh no, is Father wrong?', and as such, a preposterous doubt bloomed. Reflexively, he grinds his teeth.

Even though Father was always correct..... Mi began to felt like he was betrayed by the one he thought was perfect.

Actually, what his father said was " We are not commoners but the lord who rules over them. Which means, we are fed by them in exchanged of us governing over them. Never forget this. ". But Mi had totally misunderstood.

Sociunnov's family was tentatively a distinguished family, having been in long service. But Mi's grandfather had slipped up and was found guilty of corruption repeatedly, causing the Sociunnov family's status to fall till Count. And when Manuel Sociunnov took over as the head, things finally changed. Now, his governance could be said to be as good as the Beryl's, and was well supported by his people.

And the territory Sociunnov is in charge of was, as Mi had said, a place far from the capital, the countryside. But that was because it was the front line of the border that Sociunnov, a family with a lineage of knights, was given to protect.

To Elzmu, which was surrounded by the [Demon Forest] on both the east and west, the defense for the border was of utmost importance. The national border of Hattuo from the north, downstream of the Iiza River, the place close to the north side of the [Demon Forest] was where the noble knights, Sociunnov, had been protecting for generations. It was their pride to have that territory, as well as the pride of protecting the king.

Although it was the same Sociunnov Family which fell in his grandfather's generation, Manuel, be it his looks or abilities or leadership, was supported and loved by the knights and people.

Mi was one of them.

He respected his father and had aimed to become like him. But Mi had mistaken pride for extravagance. It was wondered if this fact had been found out by himself or not.

And the thing that stopped Mi happened 1 week before. It was something unexpected, and was something very difficult to solve.

The next-in-line of Beryl's family, Williams Beryl.

According to rumors, he was a genius. Since he really did skip grades, it may have some truth to it.

Even though the Sociunnov family was building its name back by Manuel, it was still very much at Count. And just when the name was reviving, that happened. Even Mi knew how much damage it could cause.

Will's status was above.

And yet, Williams Beryl made friends with commoners and walked with them, self-introduced himself as only 'Will', hiding his status.

Why?

This was all Mi could think of for this entire week. What was the meaning of his father's words? His father and Will...he totally cannot understand what the people above were thinking!