Chapter 059 - To The Castle

TN: As a rule of thumb, wait for about 3 days between each chapters.

" You had come. "

The one who opened the door was not the Headmaster. How should I explain...? For a moment I thought no one was there but when I directed my gaze down, I saw it. It was definitely a magical beast. Why? That was because its height was only around 10cm.

And not to mention its head was an eyeball! I was surprised, it looked just like a certain father of a certain Yokai kid. [TN: Gegege ((ED: no Kitaro))] Yes, the one who opened the door and walked out was an Eyeball F○○her with an appearance of a butler. [TN: 目玉オ○ジ, Medama Oyaji]

Ah, an Eyeball Butler. [TN: 目玉シツジ, Medama Shitsuji]

Wah, awesome, it was only 2 words difference!

....Ah, no!

Stay calm.

The person right in front of me, although I was not sure if he was a person or not, anyway, the eye person right in front of my eyes just said 'You had come.'. Which means he was most probably the one who called for me.

And he must be an important guest to be waiting in Headmaster's office. As I had mostly calmed down, I pulled myself together and answered Eyeball-san.

Yep, I will try not to be rude. As a student of Phillis Academy, and as the next Head of Beryl, I will try to uphold the pride.

Was what I said but really, I was just very relieved that I was not called out because I broke the crystal ball and destroyed the classroom.

At Eyeball-san urging, I entered the office at the same time as Headmaster came out with tea. Without thinking, I glanced at Eyeball-san. Can Eyeball-san even drink? I wondered if he had any mouth.

As I was thinking about it, Eyeball-san and the Headmaster had already sat down on the sofa. 3 eyes stared at me, as if telling me to sit down too. As I did a small bow and took a seat on the sofa, Headmaster and Eyeball-san had begun chatting like old friends.

" You could have left the greeting to me. "

Surprisingly, Headmaster was using polite language. That's great, Eyeball-san was as important as I thought.

" No, I am only a small summoned beast, there is no need to be polite. "

Eyeball-san said, perhaps even smilingly. Ah, a summoned beast. But he would be a quite high-ranking one. As a summoned beast does not have social status, his owner must be a bigwig.

I looked at Eyeball-san, who then jumped off the sofa in a comical way and started walking towards me. An eye was... an eye was..! The big, round and shiny eye was walking. Or rather, eyeball. The walking eye stopped in front of me and did a graceful bow before speaking.

" My name is Alcumedes, a summoned beast of His Majesty, the King. By the King's orders, I was sent to ask Williams-sama over for a trip to the Royal Castle. Would it be possible for Williams-sama to go this very moment? "

Ah, the King! Definitely a bigwig! The biggest one! But somehow I was not all that surprised. Yes, I was sure everyone knew it by now.

Alcumedes, a walking eyeball.

[TN: Arukumedesu, the name in japanese. Aruku Medama, walking eyeball in japanese. It's like naming a dog, dogg.]

I was slightly worried about the King's naming sense. But I have seen this kind of pattern before. Miso Soup no Fu, Alcumedes. I wondered if we could become (puny) friends. Trying my best to hide my feelings, I acted calm as I gave my reply.