...wormy...

Zak's pov

I was filling my bag in the hall way when...

"Hey", she squeaked, she looked nervous...

"Salamualaykum to you",I looked at her bewildered, and surprised .

"Walaykumsalam". I waited for her to say something when she started.

"Look, and listen to me carefully cause I am not saying this twice", I immediately paid attention to her, what did she want to say that made her nervous,"I'm sorry about what happened yesterday, I shouldn't have broken down like that, apart from that, you were just being a friend by asking about me but I flared at you for some reason",she said all of that looking down, and with the last word"I'm sorry". She looked back up smiling. That smile did something to me I couldn't explain it.

"Apologies accepted", I beamed but she still continued

"No, no, no...I should apologi..", I looked at her confused now, she was talking to her self...Gosh she was fond of that...before she muttered something under her breath but I could still catch it,"It was that simple!"

"Of course, it's that simple to apologize, apologies, never hurt anyone", I knew how hard it was for her to say that, that why I accepted it immediately.

We walked through the hall ways in silence, when she glanced somewhere, I followed her trail of sight when it landed on her best friend, I knew both of them were best friends cause she was pretty popular in school, no one knew her name, except teacher and probably her best friend, I always saw them walk together. She was talking with herself again, when I asked,"isn't that your best friend?"

"She is my best friend...",then she shook her head sideways,"I mean ex-bestfriend, I mean she used to be close".

I mouthed an 'oh" before I continued,"why ex and used to".

She told me everything in so much detail that you could hardly miss anything while walking through the hall going to our class, we finally sit down and since we were the only two in the class apparently, she spat it out,"she betrayed me".

"Have you faced her, talked to her, about what's wrong", I said looking at her.

"Weren't you listening?!", She gritted.

"Trust me I was, every detail,"I didn't want her to chew me alive, but I had to tell her the truth,"but you should know, whatever you did was not talking to her, that was called 'accusing'..", I said laying emphasis on 'accusing'. I could see she was confused.

"You didn't ask what's wrong with her, you just went straight up to her and accused her,is that the right way?", I asked her making her bow her head. Wow it's nice to see her nervous. But I'm sure its not long till she turns the table down-side up.

"No", she responded

"Exactly, she might have hurt you or done some things to you but, that's why she is your best friend, you call her that for a reason. Right?", I said now leaning back into my chair.

"Yes, I guess", her head was still down.. I gave her a scrutinizing gaze. All of a sudden she just admitted it,"yes, yes, yes..."

"So, I want you to ask her, what's up, you guys should talk, then if she still acts weird, then you can leave her",I said, remembering when I went to apologize to Aleksandr years back.

"And who are you supposed to be, my other angel", I could sense she was slightly irritated at my commanding tone.

"I could be", I said with a bored face, I brought out a book to read, with the way she was looking at me, I'm sure she cursed me or something, but I noticed that about her she never actually cursed, she mostly just use a decent word to replace it. I loved to annoy her.