Chapter 1: Betrayal

It was a sunny day at the Water Duchy Garden Estate. Duke Sable Blue and Duchess Bamev Blue watched warmly over their lovely daughter Aneria Blue.

'Chirp, Chrip'

The bluebirds were chirping through the air as they sang breathtaking melodies. The pink, white, red, yellow, and blue flowers danced as the birds sang. The duchy couple sat there enjoying their desserts in the white fancy carved table with just the right amount of chairs.

Chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla cakes were displayed on the garden table. While the golden utensils shined with the sunlight directly hitting them as their daughter happily held a spoonful of the vanilla cake.

" Honey, I think you should tell her to cut back on the sugar." (Sabel, said)

Sable, the Grande Duke whispered to his Duchess Bamev blue.

"Oh hush... let her eat in peace." (Bamev, said)

Bamev scolded her husband as she looked warmly at her daughter.

It was natural for a parent to worry over her child's health. Aneria, their lovely daughter devoured the sweet cakes one after another.

As the couple looked at their child they began to wonder if  putting a limit to her sweets would make their child upset.

Aneria, pouted as she looked at the cakes around her.

"But... I like sweets." (Aneria, said)

The Duchess quickly intervened to sugar code what Duke Sabel had said.

"Eh... what your father is trying to say is that a child should also eat foods that have green in it, like vegetables perhaps." (Bamel)

At first, they didn't care if their child ate as many sweets as she wanted, but soon it became a problem. The family doctor had suggested cutting sweets.

As a twelve-year-old child, it became hard for Aneria to find a size that fit her.

"Yes, Aneria. I agree with your mother in fact I-" (Sabel)

The Duke tried to clarify his way of speaking, but he was interrupted by one of his servants.

"Duke! Lord Fabian and the royal army came armed." (Worker, Charlie)

The worker ran to the Duchy couple as he yelled terrified.

Immediately after the servant reported the intrusion, both the duchess and the duke looked at each other.

The Duke stood up from his seat and approached his duchess as he grabbed both her shoulders.

"Bamev listen very well. I am going to talk to my brother while you and Aneria hide." (Sabel)

"But your brother.." (Bamev, said)

Bamev knew how selfish Sabel's older brother was. That is why she couldn't trust Sabel and him alone.

"He's my brother, he's misunderstood. He won't hurt me, so I will talk things out." (Sabe, said)

"Sabel-" (Bamev, said)

The Duchess was interrupted by Charlie the worker. 

"We have no time they should be at the entrance of the garden"(Charlie, said)

Sabel released Bamev's shoulders and looked at his daughter.

He patted Aneria's head.

"Aneria, my droplet, you have to be brave and follow your mother understood" (Sabel, said)

Aneria didn't know what was going on but she knew his father's words were authority.

'Nod' (Aneria)

"Good girl" (Sabel, said)