Chapter 12: The Sword Bet

About a week ago Aneria had sent Martin a letter through Autumn requesting specific swords and reminding him to finish gathering the people. Now that she had received the swords it was time to test them.

Aneria was sitting down as she checked her paperwork on the small round white and green table.

'Tap, tap'

Aneria tapped the table with her delicate fair fingers

'Let's see, today I have to test the swords, go to the river, and to Martin's residence. I think that's all I have to do for today. Alright let's do the swords.'(Aneria's inner thoughts)

She took a glance at the four swords she requested.

The first sword was from the Black Knights of the Aspen castle. The Handle was made out of a medium durability fabric with a black and gold-like color. The material of the blade itself was very sharp and light.

'The handle definitely needs improvement and the blade is so light, it feels quite nice.'(Aneria's inner thoughts)

'Alright on to the second one..mmm' (Aneria's inner thoughts.)

The second sword was Martin's sword.

'The fabric on the handle is all black and has somewhat thin and thick fabric, and it weighs quite a little more compared to the Black knight's swords.' (Aneria's inner thoughts.)

She moved to the third sword.

"So this is the sword of one of the Celestial mercenaries?" (Aneria, asked)

Autumn nodded in confirmation.

At Autumn's nod, Aneria turned her attention back again to the third sword.

'It is good, the handle is pretty comfortable but the metal for it is quite heavy to lift. ''(Aneria's inner thoughts)

'Finally, this one was the trickiest to get. The Celestial kingdom Imperial Knights sword.' (Aneria's inner thoughts)

"Wow! So pretty!" (Autumn, said)

"Yeah, I must say it's quite pretty.' (Aneria, said)

'The craftsmanship in this sword is impeccable, the fabric was not only high quality but the blade was sharp enough. Its only flaw is that it weighs more than the other swords.' (Aneria's inner thoughts)

Aneria turned her attention to Autumn and put the sword down.

"Autumn wanna do a bet?" (Aneria, asked)

Aneria asked with a poker face acting like her sparkling eyes weren't visible to Autumn.

"A bet your highness?" (Autumn, asked)

Autumn curiously asked.

"Yes, bet on which sword will be strong enough to withhold my magic and break the other swords." (Aneria, said)

"Mmm..let's see. Ah! I bet on the fourth sword" (Autumn, said)

"Alright then.." (Aneria, said)

Aneria looked at the gathered sword.

'For some reason, the way the metal on the first one feels more appealing even though it was the sword that looks the most fragile...but you can't judge a book by its cover.' (Aneria's inner thoughts)

She then turned to the fourth sword

"Then my bet is in the first sword." (Aneria, said)

Aneria said as she placed her hands on the fourth sword and a bright grey light came from her hands as she was gripping the sword carefully. It was as if she was adding strength to the sword by inserting and molding the metal that came out of her hands.