Chapter 30: Maniac

The night soon arrived at Aspen castle.

"Eh..a pillow border?" (Aiden, asked)

Aiden was both confused and flustered.

"Yes, you don't cross my side and I won't cross yours. Got it?" (Aneria, said)

Aneria looked strictly at Aiden as she placed four long pillows that split half of the bed.

"But we made a deal."(Aiden, said)

He complained with a displeased tone as he looked up at Aneria across the other side of the bed setting the last pillow.

"We did, but nowhere in our deal did it say that I have to sleep hugging you. Besides we are business partners are we not?" (Aneria, asked)

'Business partners? This isn't what I had in mind when we agreed to change our relationship but if I keep complaining I'll just end up messing up what I build' (Aiden's inner thoughts)

Aiden scratched his head more confused, this was definitely not what he had in mind.

"Well.." (Aiden, said)

"Then it's settled, good night." (Aneria, said)

Without letting him get in another word she quickly laid down in the bed covering herself with the grey blanket and closing her eyes as she faced the left side of the bed.

Leaving Aiden dumbfounded, he too now had to call it a night.

Luckily the week went by and it was now time for the delegates to return to the Celestial kingdom.

They scurry themselves in excitement as they headed off meanwhile for the onlookers,  Aneria and Aiden looked at the delegate's carriage moving farther and farther away.

Her and his gaze finally meet looking at each other with a mischievous look.

"Ready?" (Aiden, asked)

"Yes" (Aneria, said)

...........

A few minutes later in their private library.

Aneria looked down and looked up at Aiden with her mouth open.

"So you're telling me, you got all this while you were at the border?" (Aneria, asked)

Aneria was shocked at the scene of hundredths of stacks of papers and about two hundred potion bottles on top of the long wide wooden library table. While Aiden stood across her with a proud look.

Aneria couldn't believe her eyes.

'Creak'

Chair noises

Aiden looked at her expression as he chuckled and sat down.

"What happened to that energy of taking revenge?" (Aiden, asked)

He teased as he asked.

"..." (Aneria, asked)

Aneria's attention soon turned to look at him with a eyes that said 'are you insane look' but her face was serious.

'Creak'

Chair noises.

He leaned back in the chair as he talked as if it was nothing to him.

"What do you expect they were coming for my life, the least I would have got out of them was to experiment on them." (Aiden, said)

No rather than that he almost sounded pleased to find people to experiment with.

"Besides they were going to die anyway." (Aiden, said)

Aiden said indifferently sending down a shiver down Aneria's spine.