Chapter 34: Rotten

***WARNING: This chapter contains foul language.

***Alright Now Continuation Of Chapter 34...

-Very early in the morning inside the meeting room of the Celestial Palace-

King Baxter sat down with his arms crossed as he stared straight toward the seven delegates that went to Aspen.

He glared at them with furious eyes while the delegates shivered at the mere sight of his purple eyes that resembled Aiden's.

This conference table had forty-two chairs which meant the delegates could have easily sat near the king, but not in this case.

The seven delegates had sat down at the far end of the table because among all of them had now a disfigured face because of Aiden.

'What the hell did these fools do to look like that? I met with them just two days ago and now I can't tell who is who!' (King Baxter's inner thoughts)

His eyes moved toward Harrison's direction.

'And look at that Harrison, he is in a worse state than the others.' (King Baxter's inner thoughts)

'Thank god I didn't reunite the rest of the delegates that stayed behind in the Celestial Kingdom, especially Benjamin...' (King Baxter's inner thoughts)

"Tsk" (King Baxter)

His gaze turned away from Harrison and faced the delegates once again.

"We had a meeting just two days ago and you show up like this." (King Baxter, said)

He raised his voice.

"Just two days" (King Baxter, said)

He continued to raise his voice.

'How the hell are they going to assist the ball with a face like that?!' (King Baxter's inner thoughts)

"Do you have any idea what shame you brought to my name?!" (King Baxter, asked)

He yelled at them loudly.

He was very mad especially because it seemed that there was one person's presence missing.

"And where is Marques Quin?" (King Baxter, yelled)

"H-He was unaffected" (Everette, said)

Everett trembled as he bravely spoke up.

"Ha" (King Baxter)

The king had put both hands on the table and interlocked them.

"You're telling me all of you look like this but Marques Quin was unaffected?" (King Baxter, asked)

It was a question but it somehow sounded like a mock directed at them.

"Y-Yes, that right your majesty." (Evertte, said)

Everett spoke again as he shivered.

'...' (King Baxter's inner thoughts)

Just looking at them shiver was not enough to calm down his anger, it only made it worse.

"I need an explanation now!" (King Baxter, yelled)

The last courage that Evertte had to speak up was now gone.

Now it was another's place to step in.

"It's all the second prince and that cursed child's fault they did this to us" (Harrison, yelled)

He tried to justify what had happened and throw the blame on Aiden and Aneria.

Of course, it was their fault, more precisely Aiden's.