Chapter 7

Beam's POV

Day 22

Phi Forth didn't come back for three days. He informed me that he was busy working on one of the sites.

During these three days, I studied. It was the only time after marriage that I went shopping. I wanted to buy books as I needed to be updated. After working in Korea I had to take the entrance exam for my MS.

Phi Forth wasn't in the room at night and I couldn't sleep alone without him on that giant bed, so I decided to study at night with Lucy.

I missed him but I was also feeling good that I don't have to face him sooner.

In the afternoon Phi Leam, Phi Forth's friend and colleague sent him home.

Phi Forth was looking pale and tired. He had a fever and weakness.

According to Phi Leam, Phi Forth personally took care of the workers in the accident and their families and didn't even have food until the workers were out of danger.

On their way back home, they ate some food, but it was too late. When he ate it he threw everything out.

The family doctor visited him shortly and gave him medicines.

I cooked chicken soup for him to have at night. He had it and took the medicine without complaining.

I kept changing the strips of water on his forehead for the night to reduce his fever.

.

.

.

.

.

Day 23

I woke up next to his bed, on the floor. I mentally slapped myself for sleeping instead of taking care of my husband.

I took a bath then sponged and bathed Phi Forth too. His divine body was pale yet handsome. He woke up and smiled when I was unbuttoning his pants.

"Taking advantage of a sick husband, huh?" He asked teasingly in his hoarse voice, as he held my hand. I felt heat creeping into my cheeks.

"Good morning." I wished him without answering his teasing. I pulled down his pants and sponged his lower body too.

"Good morning, baby." He held my hand near his still warm chest. "Thank you, na. I woke up in the night to go to use the bathroom but you were sleeping on the floor. Sorry that I couldn't carry you. Your husband was weak..." He said in a loving tone but his voice was still hoarse and sounded as if he was feeling guilty.

"It's fine. It's my duty." I said as I carried the basin of water, cloth and other things. "Recover soon, so that you can carry me," I said as I was at the door. "Also, brush your teeth, so you can eat some breakfast and take the pills."

I went down to cook some congee for him. But mom as a mom was faster to cook it.

"How's he now?" She asked.

"Still have a fever," I answered.

"Give this to him." She handed me the bowl of congee. I knew that she wanted to go and feed him but she didn't want to come between him and his wife.

"He would feel nice if you fed him," I told her.

"Thank you." She said as she took the congee for Phi Forth. I followed her.

Phi Forth was sleeping when she sat beside him. She brushed his hair to wake him up.

"Mae," He said with his eyes still closed.