Chapter 10

Beam's POV

Phi Byu dropped me at Phi May's salon and I asked him to go home. I told him to tell Mae that I'll tell my friend to drop me home because I didn't know what she exactly wanted and how much time it would take.

When I entered Phi May's cabin, I was hugged by Phi Dream.

"Beamieeee!!!!" She hugged me and swung right-left.

"You?? How did you come?" I was surprised but happy too to see my sister back.

"Beam, remove all of these clothes, remove this wig too. You are free. You don't need to act like a Dream now. I am back. You did so well till now, you didn't get caught. Oh god, I can't believe it. I'll be going to meet Phi Forth as his wife." She said excitedly.

Phi May was busy teasing PhiDream. I saw a pair of shirts and pants on the table. I supposed it was for me.

I went to the changing room. I saw myself in the mirror in PhiDream's clothes. I tried to pull the wig but it wasn't getting off. The fake breasts were not easy to take off too.

I called Phi May inside. "Can't wait to be a boy again, huh?" She said as she helped me take off the fake breasts and wig. My hair and torso was itching after taking it off. Maybe I needed a bath.

"Now wear the shirt and pants and come outside to get a nice haircut." She said and left the room.

I held the fake wig in my hand. The same hair which Phi Forth kissed at night, caressed sometime, the same hair which Mae brushed. The same hair that Lucy liked to play with.

I touched the fake breasts last time. I remembered how Phi Forth fondled, caressed, touched and pinched. I didn't feel the touch of his hands but these helped me sense his touch. I won't feel that touch again.

I sat on the chair where Mae's assistant made my hair.

I looked at my own reflection in the mirror. It was Beam. It was me.

"How did you come early?" I asked Phi Dream.

"Well, I was disqualified in the semi-finals. I lost the chance to win it but I gained a lot of experience. I'll apply again next year for the married models." She said dreamily.

"Well, congratulations for going this far." I congratulated her.

"Thank you na Beamie!! Without you, I wouldn't be able to do it." She said and hugged me.

PhiDream handed me a bag. "Take this and surprise Mom and Dad at home. I too will come home to meet you with my husband." She said, winking her eyes.

"I was sick for two days, I need to take a rest. Bye." I said to Phi Dream as I took the bag of my things and wore a mask. I took a cab to my home. To the Baramee Bungalow.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I let out my tears as soon as I sat in the cab. What I remembered was Lucy's puppy eyes when I was leaving the house. She was not letting me go and she even ran behind the car till gate. How am I going to see her again? Will I be able to see her again?

I didn't even see Phi Forth in the morning. I regretted running out of the room after showering this morning to avoid his kisses. I regretted not having a closer look at him for the last time.

Why am I thinking this? Why am I regretting building Phi Dream's relationship with Phi Forth? Why don't I want PhiDream to get closer to Phi Forth? Why am I regretting after succeeding to do my task? Why am I regretting letting Phi Forth get closer to Phi Dream? Why am I regretting not letting him find out that the person he cuddled every night was not Phi Dream but Beam? Why am I not happy being myself again? Why do I want to go to Phi Forth's house?

Why do I want to see Phi Forth once?

.

.

.

.

.

I hugged my Mom as soon as she opened the door. I cried out loud as she soothed me.

"I... missed... you... Mom..." I said while sobbing.

"I missed you too Beamie." Mom said to me.

She took me to my room and also told Phi Bin, our cook, to cook my favourite food.

Mom comforted me till the food was cooked. She fed me but I didn't want to eat. Every morsel, every bite reminded me of Mae feeding me, Phi Forth feeding me when I was sick. I remembered the laughter at the dining table, I remembered Phi Day smiling when I complimented her dish.

Why are these twenty-five days more memorable than my whole life? Why can I not remember how I lived before marrying Phi Forth?

Mom said she'll talk to me tomorrow when I will be okay.

At night, I wasn't able to sleep without the cuddles. I wanted the warmth and safety of Phi Forth's hands around me.

'I won't push you away if you come near me the next time Phi Forth!!' I wanted to say to Phi Forth.

But I couldn't. I should not. He is not my husband but Phi Dream's. He will be happy with the real Phi Dream, not me.

****************************************