Extra 3

6 months later…

3rd Person POV

"Come here, Lucy. Let Mumma put the harness on you." Beam was saying to Lucy as it was her first day in her training centre. Beam wanted to train Lucy but his college had started and he barely gets time to play with Lucy. He didn't want to use that little time to train her. He just wanted to play with Lucy at that time. So he enrolled Lucy's name in the training centre for dogs.

Lucy could already follow the commands like spin, sit, stand, eat, leave, water, bed and a few more so Beam decided to train her more.

Forth was standing at the door when Beam was putting the harness on her. "It seems like she is very excited."

"Lucy is very excited because she knows that harness means going outside." Beam said to Forth and then turned to Lucy, "Right, Lucy?" He asked and Lucy jumped on him and licked his face.

"Mumma is feeling like he's sending his child to school." Beam said to Lucy as he put a little backpack on Lucy's back.

Why does Beam always call himself Mumma even if he's not playing the character of Dream anymore? Foth wondered. He can understand that earlier it was necessary to hide his identity as a man but now he can call himself Lucy's dad or something. So he decided to clear his thoughts. 

"Beam, why do you always call yourself Lucy's mumma instead of dad?"

"Do you find it weird?" Beam asked Forth.

"A little bit. If you are a man then why call yourself a mother?"

"To be honest, I don't believe in the social constraints. Just because you're assigned as a male from birth, why should you use only male gender nouns? I am a man but I like the feeling of being a mother, the soft heart, the love that a woman might feel for her child and her care. I don't care about the social constraints. I just like being called a mother to myself. And that does not mean I am not happy with male sex organs and want to turn myself as a female. I am happy being a male but I like calling myself a mother."

Forth still was confused so he didn't stop Beam.

"I hope you are getting it. If not, just let it be. I'll call myself Lucy's Dad since you're her Papa." Beam said defeatedly at the end. He didn't want to confuse Forth and maybe what he said wasn't enough for Forth to understand his feelings.

"I am still confused but if you like it that way, I don't mind. All that matters for me is your happiness." Forth said and smiled at Beam.

All this while their little fur baby was playing with her ball.

"Lucy, let's go." Forth said to Lucy and then turned to Beam, "Let's go Lucy's mumma."

Beam felt his heart swollen with happiness. Forth is not just a man with words, he always shows it in actions.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A year later…

Beam had completed his first year exams of his course "Neurological Surgery" which would take four more years to complete. This program was residential but since he has an influential family as backup, with special permissions he could live with them. Forth's father didn't approve of the residential course at all. No one wanted to be parted from Beam for 5 years.

Now there are still four years to go.

Forth went to the office and Lucy was having her afternoon nap. Mae and Phi Day were out for some visits, you may call it a reunion of Mae's friends.

Beam was alone so he decided to go to the vegetable garden where Phi Wen had planted some cucumbers. When he went there, he saw Phi Wen. He wanted to surprise Phi Wen by shouting so he hid himself behind some bushes. But soon there was someone who started talking to Phi Wen.