Chapter 22

3rd Person POV

"Why did you not wake me up when he left?" Forth shouted at his mother. When he didn't find Beam in the house after he woke up. He asked his mother where Beam was and she told him that Beam left the house early in the morning.

"He is not your wife or husband. He doesn't belong to this house." Por said in a plain tone.

"What do you mean by he doesn't belong to this house? I took marriage vows with him, I love him and he loves me too." Forth asked his father.

"As Por said, it's only you, we and the Baramee family know that he was in place of his sister Dream when you took marriage vows. For the rest of the world, you married Dream and Beam has forged Dream's signature on your marriage certificate so Dream is your wife, legally too."

"I don't care what others think." Forth said in disbelief. Why would his parents care about the word?

"But Beam does!" Mae exclaimed. "He loves you and knows that you love him too but he still thinks that you are Dream's husband. He wants to live happily with you. He wants to be accepted by the whole world as your lover, partner and husband." Mae said to him.

"Why don't you wait till you and Dream get a divorce? Then court him properly, propose to him and then marry him in front of the world." Mae explained.

"Why court him when we both love each other?"

"Because he is still uncomfortable around you. He loves you but he sees you as Dream's husband. Make him believe that you love him. Make him believe that you did not fall in love with him because he disguised himself as a girl. Make him believe that you are happy to have a man as your partner and would like to show him to the world proudly as your lover."

"Why does he care for all this stuff?"

"You can still bring him here and live with him. But people will call him names. And you could not shut each and every mouth of everyone with the money you have. And even after that, he didin't think for himself but you.

Because you are not only the person he loves but you are CEO of Jathurapoom Industries. You have a reputation, our company has a reputation. People invest in us and it solemnly depends on our reputation. All he thinks about and cares is what will people talk about you, how will this all settlement ruin your career," Mae said to Forth.

"Show the world that he's not a house wrecker. He has to grow up and become a good person in society. Don't close his doors with your stubbornness." Por said to him. "All is up to you now. You should decide what you want. Choose the easier path that will give you temporary happiness or choose the difficult one to get happiness forever."

.

.

.

.

.

In Baramee household...

"Dad, but..."

"No ifs and no buts! You're joining the company and that's final. Just two years, Dad. I need to finish my MS and I promise I'll join our company."

Beam was sitting with his Dad in the evening, discussing Beam's future plans.

"Are you sure you'll be Baramee after two years?" His dad asked and Beam was confused. "Won't you become Jathurapoom before your MS?" Beam's Dad teased him and Beam's face showed a faint pink shade on his cheeks.

"Dad, will Phi Forth wait for me?"

"Why are you asking this question?"

"I... Dad, it would be better for both of us if we don't see each other that way. He should marry a girl and settle down..."

"Did you talk with Dream again?"

"No, no... I was just saying..."

"Will you marry someone else if not Forth?"

"No. Never. But he should..."

"Just like you, he would never marry someone other than you." His Dad made him sit beside him on the couch. "Love is really hard to find. Some wait for it till the end of their lives and others die without it. It doesn't matter if it takes a lifetime or a single moment to fall for a person. What matters is that you fall in love.

Your friends Kit and Phana both are with men, aren't they? You know it better than I do.

And if you are thinking about future generations or offsprings, let me tell you, we all are with you in any decision you take. Jaturapooms are not narrow-minded. If they are accepting you, they might have given a thought to what you're thinking.

You can adopt a child, or have gone through surrogacy.

And let me tell you... Where there's a will there is a way. Follow your heart."

"For now, my heart wants to focus only on MS!" Beam bargained.

"Using my words against me, huh?" Dad said and Beam laughed.

"Okay. You can do as you wish. But think about what I told you." Dad said to Beam.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Hello, is this Beam?" Beam received a call late at night.

"Yes."

"Beam, this is Pluto."

Beam remembered Pluto, the guy who lost a scholarship and had to pay full fees. He had promised him to help but he had only given a small amount to Pluto as he was short of money. Beam had forgotten about him because of all this. Beam was feeling embarrassed to talk to Pluto. He was feeling guilty for forgetting about Pluto.

"I am sorry, Pluto. But I promise I'll arrange the remaining amount for you..."

"No, no, no. Now there's no need to help me. I got a sponsor for myself. The company will pay my fees and also help me to get a part time job. All thanks to you."

"But I didn't tell any company to sponsor your education."

"But they said you recommended my name."

"What's the name of that company?"

"Jathurapoom Industries. They said you recommended my name under their scholarship for students in need. Beam, thank you so much. I need to go now. I will call you later. Thanks once again na, friend." Pluto said and kept the phone.

Beam was about to put his phone away but he received a message.

"****** amount is transferred to your account" It was the same amount that he had paid for settling hospital bills after Por's discharge.

A second message arrived after that. "Sorry for understanding it so late. But you have to meet me in person to collect your interest."

Beam smiled at Forth's teasing. Forth's number wasn't saved in his phone yet, but he knew it was Forth.

"You already paid the interest by sponsoring my friend's education."

"You knew?"

"Just like you knew my account and phone number," Bram replied.

"So I can't meet you to settle the interest?"

"I guess! Sleep now. If you listen to me today, I may change my mind tomorrow!"

"Your wish is my command." Forth replied and sent a sleeping sticker to Beam.

Beam was laughing at the cute sticker.

'I think we should give ourselves a chance.' Beam thought and went to sleep.

.

.

.

.

*******************************************************