Chapter 9

Beam's POV

When I woke up, I was on a big bed inside a room.

"Are you awake?" Phi Forth asked me.

I rubbed my eyes to get a clear view. From what I could guess was that this was a hotel room for sure.

"I am hungry but I can't move," I said defeatedly.

He came near me with a bowl and started feeding me. I couldn't even protest because I had no strength left even to move my finger.

"Take these medicines." He gave me some pills and asked me to change into some pants and a shirt. And I slept again.

When I woke up again, it was late afternoon and I was sleeping in our bed in the house and on my side of the bed, tucked in a blanket.

"Are you awake, my sleeping beauty?" Phi Forth asked when I was looking at the room.

"I'm... not...sleeping beauty..." I said in a hoarse voice as I pouted weakly.

Phi Forth sat beside me on the bed. He held my hand in his. "Are you feeling well?" He asked in a soft voice. I nodded.

He helped me to sit properly on the bed, and adjusted the pillows on the headboard of the bed so that I could rest my back on it.

He cupped my cheeks with his hands and caressed them with his fingers. "Sorry for making you tired na! I didn't know you helped to clean the terrace and then had to bake the Apple Pie without a rest. Then had to go and walk in the mall with me and climb up and down the hill on the same day.

But that was my only fault. It was you who jumped into the cold water without thinking and that's what made you sick." He said in a teasing tone. I smiled.

"Get well soon... All are already missing your cheerful presence in the house."

"Phi Forth... Did you... carry me? From car to the hotel room and from the hotel room, again to car and from car to the bed?"

"No... You walked by yourself." He said in a serious tone.

"But, I... Don't remember... anything... " I was super confused. When did I walk? Why can't I remember?

Phi Forth smiled. "Silly, you were very weak, so of course, I had to carry you. You were asleep because you were tired and because of the effects of the pills." He brushed my hair with his hand.

He pecked my forehead as he said, "Don't fall sick again, okay?" I nodded. "I have a meeting now. I'll attend it. I'll be there in the study room. Call me if you need anything. Don't leave the bed yet. Okay?" I nodded again.

I closed my eyes again. I heard a knock on the door. Mae was standing with a smile. I bowed my head. "Mae, please come in," I said. Mae came inside followed by Phi Day who was holding a tray.

Mae hugged me as she sat beside me. She was caressing my back. "Don't do this again to us. We don't like it when you don't chirp like a bird in this house. This house feels lifeless without your talks and laughs."

"Forth was so scared. You were sleeping when he brought you home. He called the doctor because you were not getting up.

Thank god it was only because of the effect of the pill that Forth gave you.

Have this soup now." She said as she took the tray from Phi Day and fed me the soup.

Phi Day was just looking at me. "Get well soon." She only said while leaving the room.

"Day wouldn't say it but she was worried too. When Forth told us that you're awake, she immediately started making this soup."

"I'll be fine by the time you start cooking dinner. I'll come to help you," I said to her.

"No. Until you get well, you are not permitted to enter the kitchen." She said and I pouted. She laughed.

"Okay. You can come and sit downstairs if you want but no work until you feel perfectly well. Take a rest now." She said, I nodded.

Mae left the room and I was feeling bored sitting inside the room. Phi Forth came just at the right moment.

"Phi Forth... I'm getting bored but I can't move." I told him as soon as I saw him.

He smiled and kept his laptop on the table. "Wanna watch a movie together?" He asked.

I shook my head. I know I'll sleep again if I watch a movie.

"Do you like video games?" He said as he stood up. I nodded. "Can you walk?" He asked me. I nodded again. I tried to climb down the bed on my own. He helped me stand and we walked to his playroom.

The room was big and there were 5-6 bin bags, a big sofa and a massive screen. He took out the required game accessories and we started playing games.

We played some survival games, real time strategy games, role play games and what not. Sometimes we played as a team sometimes we were against each other. There were many games that I didn't know but Phi Forth taught me. I was happy that I made Phi Forth happy. He said he played games after months and that too because of me. 

It was evening when Phi Chai came to call us for dinner. I walked downstairs with Phi Forth's help.

The dinner was light and healthy. I had a good night's sleep that night.

.

.

.

.

.

Day 27

Phi Forth woke me up in the morning. He was looking so hot with his sweaty body. He must have returned after hitting the gym.

I was feeling relaxed and fresh after waking up. I yawned and stretched my hands. I rubbed my eyes as it was still blurry.

"Cute." Phi Forth said. I could see his hungry eyes as he was eyeing me. His staring wasn't helping little Beam. My cheeks were getting heated up too.

I ran to the bathroom because I had to take care of little Beam. I did my morning routine and took a bath. I wore one dress from the bathroom drawer and came out. I ran to the kitchen so that Phi Forth wouldn't catch me and kiss me.

Like the routine, I helped Mae in the preparation of breakfast, but she told me to sit and watch. Phi Forth joined us for breakfast but left early.

I was feeling uneasy for no reason. I was getting bored too because Mae or no one was letting me help them. They wanted me to take a rest.

So, I went to the study room where Por was sitting. He was playing chess alone.

"May I join you?" I said as I knocked on the open door.

"Sure." He welcomed me and we started playing. He beat me twice easily, so I thought hard before playing the next move in our third match.

"Khun Dream, your phone." Phi Fay gave me my phone which was ringing.

I took it. It was Phi May. I excused Por to talk on the phone.

"Hi, Phi May," I said.

"Keep your hi aside. You need to come to my salon right now. It's very urgent," she said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Just come here as fast as you can." She said and cut the call.

I was worried. I told Mae and Por that I am going to meet my friend. I told them I didn't know when I would return because I didn't know what exactly happened.

Mae asked me to take someone with me but I refused. 

************************************************