Chapter 3- Familiar Blue Eyes

--Giovanni POV--

Her presence didn't go unnoticed. 

As soon as she stepped into the church, looking the way she did, she either played ignorant or honestly didn't notice all the eyes that trailed towards her. I couldn't say that I wasn't one of them.

She paid only my sister her attention as she rushed towards her, embracing her in a hug as they whispered to each other in excitement.

She's grown, looking different from what I remembered. Her blonde hair was lighter, and longer, trailing down to her waist, she was taller, and definitely worked out to have a body like that, she had grown into an innocent beauty, and it felt like a sin to simply look at her in the way that I was, especially after all these years.

"Let's sit down," Alex, a friend of mine whispered as I nodded, leading the way as we went to sit at our designated seats, and looked ahead while we waited for the ceremony to hurry up and be over. This better be the last wedding invitation I receive for the same man's wedding, because reputation be damned, I won't be coming to another one of these.

"How long do you think this marriage will last?" Alex asked as we watched the bride walk down the aisle, a small smile on her face, and one thing was obvious, the groom definitely had a type since all his ex-wives and new wife looked like the same person.

"It better be until his death," I muttered.

I don't understand how this man, who is only five years my senior, has already been married as many times as he has, and I'm struggling to find a single wife. Either he's marrying the first woman that catches his eyes without knowing anything about them, or I'm just picky.

Once the ceremony was finally over, and the bride left to change into her reception outfit, all the guests, myself included, made our way to the outdoor area where tables were neatly scattered around the grass with flowers overloading the scenery. 

Never before have I felt so out of place before, so with a grumble, and scowl plastered on my face, I went to sit at the table where my name was placed, but before I could sit down, a familiar voice called out to me, and I turned to see my sister rushing towards me with a grin on her face.

"What's got you looking so pleased?" I asked as she laughed, going to sit on her seat as I followed to do the same on my own.

"I met Aurora again, it was so nice to see her after so long- Oh, look at that," She pointed at the name beside mine, and I followed her finger to catch sight of the familiar name written in neat cursive letters on the seat beside mine.

Aurora. Her seat was designated beside mine.

"Apparently, she's opened her own flower shop. I'll make sure to visit it the next time I visit Germany, and did you know that she- Wait a minute, look over there," She kept cutting herself off today, but I followed her pointed finger once again.

"What am I looking at?" I boredly asked.

"Aurora. And that man." And then I saw her, not far from here. She seemed to be in a heated conversation with a man that had no idea of what personal space is as she kept moving away, but he continued to move closer.

"She looks uncomfortable, I'm going to go-"

"-It's fine, I got it," I spoke before she could get up, and before she could delve too deep into my actions, I was already walking towards the German lady.

"I told you to leave me the hell alone!" She spat under her breath, snapping her arm away from him as he sighed, frustrated, running a hand through his auburn hair.