Chapter 27- Forgetting You

--Aurora POV--

"Oh my god! He's so annoying!" I fell forward, the mere thought of what transpired a few days ago at the club eating away at me in the most annoying way possible.

"I beg your pardon?" The old man whom I had just served stopped to ask, a bewildered look on his face as he glared at me, clearly thinking that I was talking about him.

"Oh, pardon me, sir. I wasn't talking about you," I was quick to refute, cheekily grinning at him as he hummed, giving me a pointed look, which only told me that he didn't believe me before leaving the store, the bell chiming after him as he did as if letting me know that he won't be coming back.

"So, how many more of our customers are you planning on chasing away before you find peace of mind?" Petra asked, coming to stand beside me with a hand on her waist as I released yet another groan, slouching over the till, and finding my fingers fiddling with a few stray petals.

"I'm sorry, but it's just so irritating, you know what I mean,"

"Yes. You've finally met your match," She chuckled.

"Men like him are the worst. So narcissistic, it's enraging," I grumbled, feeling my blood start to boil as the memories started resurfacing once more.

"Oh, I'm sure it couldn't have been that bad," She waved off, pushing my hands off the counter before going to scrape the flower petals I had been fiddling with into the bin.

"Trust me, it was," I grumbled, but having had enough of these annoying thoughts, I stood up straight, going over to the connected conservatory where a little girl was sat colouring, Leonie, Petra's adorable daughter, and my god daughter.

"What are you colouring there?" I asked, sitting on the spare seat beside her as she giggled, pausing to show me her unfinished colouring before continuing with it a moment later.

"What is that? A penguin eating a croquembouche?" I guessed as she laughed, wildly shaking her head at my clearly incorrect answer.

"It's mama, and god mama, and there's me in the middle," Oh.

"Huh. Well, that was my second guess," I shrugged as she gave me a look, clearly not taking my words seriously, but having gotten used to me in all the six years of her life, she laughed it off just like she always did.

"Now, if you're done with colouring; Want to help me make a bouquet for my papa?" I suggested, and she didn't take more than a second to start rapidly nodding her head.

And just like that, for the next half an hour, dear Leonie and I made an imperfectly perfect bouquet for my said father. 

It was thanks to papa that I even got into becoming a florist, despite all the wonderful gifts he got me for any achievements in my life, a bouquet was an added bonus, and the bouquet was always my favourite, I'd be excited to see what kind he would get me every time, and I was never disappointed with the outcome.

Before I knew it, I had dropped out of my business course in university which, might I mention, I could never succeed in forcing myself to love, to start a degree in floristry, which I loved every second of despite how hard it was.

"There, what do we think?" I asked, leaning back to look upon our piece of art with a satisfied grin unmoving from my face, a look that Leonie mirrored.

"It's so pretty!" She squealed as I laughed, ruffling her hair before showering her with kisses, pausing once the chime of the shop bell was heard ringing.

Picking my head up, I peeked around the corner to greet the new customer with a smile, but as quick as it appeared, it dropped as if it were never even there.