Chapter 7- A Force to be Reckoned With

--Giovanni POV--

"So what? That's it? I have to give up the brilliant idea of having Aurora as my sister-in-law?" My sister complained as she stood beside me, watching after Aurora as she left the wedding, getting into her waiting car, and sparing us one last wave as my sister happily waved back.

I, however, couldn't seem to reply to her gesture. Simply standing there with my hands in my pockets, my cheek still burning with the feeling of where her soft lips had touched less than a minute ago.

This woman was a seductress, and she didn't even do much.

She knew I wanted her, and I knew she wanted me, but there was something holding her back from touching me.

"No," I said.

"No? But you just let her leave, and the way you said 'goodbye Aurora' was like you planned on never seeing her again," I rolled my eyes when I heard her deepen her voice to mimic my words, pausing for a moment as I flicked her forehead.

"All with due time, Sorellina. There is no need to rush," I calmly spoke.

"There's something I never thought I'd hear from you," She chuckled to herself.

"Care to explain what you mean by that?" I turned my gaze away from where Aurora was once stood to look at my sister who was grinning at me from ear to ear.

"Because, you, my dear brother, are a man that hates to waste time,"

"Wasting time, and investing time are two different things. Rushing certain things will leave to an unwanted outcome, this situation being one of them, Aurora is not a woman that can be tamed. It will take time and effort to get her to agree to marry me," I explained.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some work I need to finish up," Kissing her forehead, I turned to leave, but paused as she called after me, turning to look at her.

"You need to change your mindset, Fratello," She stepped forward, looking up at me as I raised a singular brow, waiting for her to specify. "You need to look at Aurora as she is, not who her family is, how stable her income is, how sociable she is or any of that other nonsense you were going on about, you need to look at Aurora, and see her for who she is,"

"And, who might I ask, is she?" I sighed.

"That's for you to find out. Don't start playing a game that will only end in pain. You are my brother, and she is my good friend, I don't want to see either of you hurt,"

"I won't get hurt," I assured.

"That's why I'm more worried about her... She's didn't grow up being surrounded by heartless men like yourself, you know that better than me. And hurting her won't end well for anyone, you know how protective her father is, he won't let you go unscathed if he finds out your true intentions," She poked my chest.

"You are making me out to sound like a villain," I gave her a pointed look.

"We both know that you're the villain, brother,"

"Don't be silly, do you know how much time that would require-"

"If I hear you go on about time one more time, I will sock you in the face," My lips formed a stern line when I heard her words, narrowing my eyes as I glared at her.

"The point I'm trying to make is that Aurora is a force to be reckoned with, you can't control her, or treat her like a trophy, let alone tame her to be the perfect wife. If you want her as your wife, you need to put something called emotion into it, not just cunning thoughts," Despite how dramatic her words were, I took them seriously as it could prove to be useful in the future.