Chapter 29- Famous Three Words

--Aurora POV--

I woke up with a start, sun rays casting themselves over my eyes, blinding me as I shifted around in my bed, outstretching a hand to get my favourite stuffed toy, but came upon nothing but the bedsheets, and with a groan, I perched up on my elbows, looking around to see all my pillows and stuffed toys lying on the ground on the other side of the bed.

"Who, with what audacity, decided to annoy me like this first thing in the morning?" I complained to myself, groggily getting out of bed as I walked around in a circle, picking up all the discarded items before perching them back on the bed in their usual place.

And after washing up, and getting dressed for the new day, I made my way downstairs just as Petra called me. Oh, right, I wonder how her date with Alex went yesterday.

"Good morning," I greeted with an enthusiastic smile.

"Yes, it is quite a good morning, isn't it?" She replied with an entertained laugh.

"So, I take it the date went well?" I correctly guessed, judging by the laughter of pure bliss that followed my question. I can't put into words how hopeful, and happy I am for her; She never said it, but I knew she was lonely, she was just too fearful, and guilty towards her deceased husband to try and go back to dating, but she deserved to be happy.

"It wasn't really a date, more like new friends just hanging out. Leonie really liked him too, he cracks the funniest jokes, I couldn't stop laughing," I couldn't help but smile at her, she sounded so... happy. And I just pray that this happiness lasts for her, for an exceptionally long time.

"That's good to hear," I breathed out, leaning against the railing of the stairs as I spoke to her, not making a move to enter the kitchen where I heard mama scolding papa for not being able to cook again.

"Thank you... Aurora," She took me by surprise with that.

"Whatever for?" I curiously asked.

"Your genuine worry for me ever since Finn passed away has not gone unnoticed. You've helped me look after Leonie, gave me more days off at work than what would be allowed, and above all that, you're always supporting me no matter what,"

"Of course, isn't that what friends are for?" I replied.

"You're more of a sister than a friend to me, I love you, you know that, right?" She laughed, and I laughed back, gulping back the joyful lump in my throat.

"I love you too, dear Petra. I'll see you at work tomorrow?"

"See you then," And we hung up not long after that as I entered the kitchen, not missing the pointed look my dear father sent me as I went to sit at the island.

"What?" I curiously asked.

"I didn't know you already said the famous three words to each other?" He eventually asked, trying to mask his curiosity while placing a plate of waffles covered in chocolate syrup and strawberries in front of me.

"What are you talking about?" Now I'm even more confused.

"You were right outside, of course I would hear my daughter say I love you to a man that most definitely does not deserve to hear those words," He scoffed, answering my confusion as I accidentally let a little laugh slip through.

"This isn't funny, princess. In fact, I find it to be quite an important matter," He leaned back against the counter with crossed arms, and a single raised brow as mama subtly smiled in amusement beside him, not letting him see.

"Of course, of course, my apologies... but..." I quickly rid the smile off my face, sending him my own confused look as I took a bite out of my very unhealthy, incredibly delicious, and slightly undercooked waffle since papa's the one that cooked today.