Chapter 39- New Dreams

--Aurora POV--

"Congratulations!" I laughed, hugging my friend as he hugged back.

"Thank you, I didn't think you would be able to make it," He spoke as I stood back, giving him a look that asked if he were being serious right now.

"And miss your wedding? No way." He chuckled, rolling his eyes as I laughed with him, watching as the new bride made her way towards us, a small smile on her face.

"Hello," She greeted as I nodded, watching as Evander wrapped an arm around her waist before going to kiss her cheek. I never thought the day would come where I see him settle down, but now that it was here, I couldn't have been happier for him.

"So, are you going to introduce me to your wife? Or am I supposed to just be a third wheel?" Crossing my arms, I patiently waited for an introduction, snapping them both back to reality.

"You should have brought your lover, maybe then you wouldn't have to be a third wheel," He joked.

"He's got work," I grumbled out my answer, thinking back to my precious lover whose been buried in work as a consequence of having pushed it back for months, karma bit him in the butt.

"Well, darling, this is Aurora Vandenburg, she's a good friend of mine who I never get to see because she lives in Berlin. And, Aurora, this is my dear wife, Alina Moretti," Chuckling, I outstretched a hand for her to shake which she did.

"It's lovely to meet your acquaintance. Tell me, what were you thinking when you decided to marry this aloof man? He's the most pessimistic person on this planet who's always grumbling about something," I asked.

"That's a lot coming from you who's dating Giovanni Romano. If I'm pessimistic then what is he?" I opened my mouth to retort, but came up empty as I realised that he spoke facts, and gave in with a shrug.

"I don't think he's that grumpy. Maybe at first, but he really grows on you, and believe it or not, but he can be quite the romantic if he wants. You should have seen how he proposed to me, it was like straight out of a soap opera," Alina replied, laughing at the memory.

"Oh my, really? How did he propose?" I leaned forward, intrigued.

"Well, it was at his penthouse in London, and there were roses-"

"Darling, I think someone's calling you over there. Maybe you should go check it out?" Her new husband cut her off, obviously lying which only had us laughing even more, but nevertheless, she bid me farewell before going to talk to some other guests.

"No one better hear of this," He pointed out as I raised my arms in surrender.

"I'm happy for you, Evander," I genuinely said, smiling at him.

"Because you can make fun of me for getting married before you?" I smacked him as he laughed.

"No... I'm just happy to see that you're not alone anymore. Love can be just as beautiful a thing as hurtful, and everyone knows that you've been hurt by it enough. Now, it's time for you to see how beautiful a thing it can be, so live a blessed life, you deserve it," I patted his shoulder as I spoke.

"You and your mother... Are one in the same," He sighed, patting my hand which rested on his shoulder.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh, nothing at all... But just as you've wished me a happy life, I can't wait to see your one come in due time. You're always such a happy, bubbly woman, but the people closest to you know that you're the kind of person that hides your pain. But, now that you've met your match in Giovanni, I would like for you to live as happy a life as mine," It was quite obvious whom he was referring to; It brought an onslaught of memories over me, but I shrugged it off with a smile.