Chapter 6- Playing Cupid

--Aurora POV--

"I'll be leaving first guys, it was lovely to meet you Aurora, and I hope I'll be able to see you again one day," Alex said as he dipped down into a bow, taking my hand as he kissed my knuckles.

"Likewise," I chuckled.

This wedding felt like it was dragging, but it's finally come to an end as we just finished waving the new bride and groom off on their way to their honeymoon. The guests were all slowly leaving the venue, but some were still scattered around as they spoke to friends and family. I was one of those few people as Lilliana, Giovanni, Alex, and myself stood around one of the desert tables.

"It's about time," Gio muttered under his breath as Alex scoffed, glaring at the taller man, but shook his hand anyway before moving in to hug Lilliana, and then we waved as he pranced off with a grin on his face.

"What will you be doing now?" Lilliana asked me.

"I'm staying at Nonna's place for the rest of the week, having some grandmother-grandchild time, and I'm going to meet up with one of my friends at some point too before I head home on Monday. Why?" I asked.

"Just wondering, Nonna as in..." She drifted off.

"My mother's mother, I call her Nonna since she's Italian. I call my grandmother from my father's side Oma, for obvious reasons," I explained as she hummed along. My grandmother from my mother's side is Italian while my grandmother from my father's side is German, calling them in their native languages was easier for everyone, and since I knew Italian, and German, I took advantage of it.

"What about you both?" I asked, my eyes turning to look from Lilliana to her older brother.

"I've got training for a competition in a few months, and then I'll have to start getting ready to go back to London," She sighed, grumbling at the thought. Lilliana was 3 years younger than me, making her 22, and she started university this year where the University was located in London, so for obvious reasons, it would be difficult to see her more often than not, since she also had competitions, and training to do too.

"What about you?" I turned to Gio.

"The same as usual," He gruffly said.

"Work? Really?" He gave a firm nod, eyes pinning me in place when he did.

"Have you not got any days off?" I asked.

"Those are days wasted where I could be doing much more productive things, my company won't make money on its own," I thought that's why he had workers to help with the load? But despite the thought, I kept my mouth shut, and simply sighed, baffled.

"I hope you have an enjoyable life as a single man," I patted his chest as I spoke as if saddened by the fact, but the forlorn expression quickly slipped away when he grabbed my hand, causing me to look up at him as he continued to stare at me with a blank expression.

"What?" I asked.

"I don't plan on remaining single for the rest of my life," He stated as a matter-of-fact.

"You don't?" I raised a confused brow, not being able to imagine the sight of him with a lover. "Then how do you plan to meet someone and fall in love if you never take a break from work?" Can someone make it make sense, this man is confusing me.

"It doesn't make sense, does it? That's why I've been trying to get him to go out and socialise with people, but there's only so much a younger sister can do," Both Gio and I turned to look at his sister as she sighed, speaking as though she were an actress from a Shakespeare play.

"You better go out and socialise more often, you're driving your sister to insanity," I leaned in to whisper to the man as he hummed his response, eyes narrowing into a judging glare that was directed at none other than his sister.