Why?

Kate

I returned to my room after some wandering around and heard a knock after a few minutes.

It was Rome but now in his casuals with his hair a little wet. It suddenly felt too hot again and I wanted to crawl out of my skin because what the fuck, I cannot live with this literal perfect man in a house with my dignity still intact.

"What are you doing here" I asked him trying to sound as normal as possible.

"Waiting."

"why?"

"What do you want to have" his voice was scratchy and deep directly sending vibrations between my legs.

"What?" I sounded more breathless than I should've.

"Dinner, amore." he replied with a small smirk and hint of amusement in his eyes.

"Pizza" I was already full, but my brain wasn't braining and pizza was the first word that came to me.

I don't know how am I gonna have dinner after such a heavy meal already but I'll have to manage.

"Okay" he replied.

I opened my door fully to let him in, and went inside my closet to change into comfier clothes.

I was now in a pair of shorts reaching my mid thigh with a hoodie. Rome was sat on my bed his bicep muscles more visible than ever. He was so big and yet so chiseled it was unreal.

He lazily looked up from his phone, taking me in, his gaze moved from my bare legs to my thighs and then up my covered abdomen, making the hair on my body stand and my nipples hard.

"The food will take a little time."

"Okay."

We sat in an awkward silence before I cleared my throat, he looked at me in question.

"What?" he questioned.

"What do you mean what, this awkward silence is stretching on for too long."

"What is awkward about it, it's comfortable. I rarely get enough time during the day to just sit in quiet."

I didn't know what to reply to that information so I just nodded my head at him.

"Give me your hand" I took his free hand he handed out infront of me and started counting the tattoos on his hand.

We sat there for a little longer before Rome went down to get the pizza.

I took a pillow and kept it above my thighs and rested my elbows on top of it.

He was back in less than two minutes and the smell of chicken, noodles and gravy filled the air, making my mouth water and stomach grumble.

Rome kept all the packets and plates on the small coffe table and brought it on the rug, nodding his head towards the other side of the table for me to sit there.

"Did you not have the lunch I sent for you?"

"I forgot."

He just sighed and plated our food.

The dinner was mostly spent in a comfortable silence, Rome waited untill I was done eating to get up and help me up and go wash our hands.

I wiped my hands on the small towel outside the washroom and saw him collecting all the plates and discarding the the leftovers into a box before leaving the room.

I followed him down to the kitchen. "Do you want help washing the dishes?"

"No Bella, rest, I'll take care of it."
I moved beside him trying to take a plate but he fixed me with a glare.