The Don's wife.

Kate's POV:

I descended the stairs and stood beside a worried Dante tapping on his phone screen.

I was about to ask him what's wrong but Rome interrupted me, "Come on let's go," he said, grabbing my hand and leading us out, Luca following right behind.

"I've stationed extra guards outside the club and I think word is already out that you're bringing your fiance out today too." Luca said, coming beside Rome.

"Good, they should know I'm not to be messed with today." Rome replied, opening the car door for me and entering himself simultaneously.

He ignited the engine and drove out of the estate, the car smelled like him and was so small that everytime he moved his hands, his clothed arm touched mine.

"Where's your phone?" Rome asked breaking the silence.

"Don't remember," I replied, carelessly looking out the window.

"What do you mean you don't remember?" Rome asked, I could see him turning towards me from my peripheral vision.

"I mean, I do not remember, which implies my memory of wh-" I started, emphasizing on each word, looking at him but was cut short.

"Don't fucking test my patience amore," he replied, a mock sweet smile on his face and his voice calm.

"It isn't my problem if your patience runs out that easily Mr.Moretti," I said, looking straight ahead.

"And it wouldn't be my problem too if I hand you back to your father, cancel this agreement so that he can teach you in the language you do understand." he said.

My head whipped in his direction and I involuntary gauged his expression to see any hint of guilt or unseriousness but his expression was neutral. My heart rate sped up and stomach dipped, because if he knew what he was talking about he has to be the most bipolar, insensitive bitch and if he doesn't, he's going to regret it big time.

I couldn't form a coherent thought at his insensitivity neither did I notice we'd reached the club untill Rome rounded the car and opened my door for me, his face unphased.

I quickly schooled my features and got out, without taking his outstretched hand, which made a muscle in his jaw tick.

He handed the car keys to the valet and lead me inside the club from what looked like a backdoor.

The club was buzzing with life, loud music was blaring from the speakers and yellow and red lighting illuminated the whole place.

The ground floor had a dance floor and a large bar area to it's right, whilst a DJ was situated to the front of the dance floor. The club was compatitively bigger than what I'd always thought a club was supposed to be like.

There were also black staircases that led to upper areas, that had private rooms, which had what seemed like convertible glass walls.

"Stay close to me," Rome said leaning towards me and snaked his hand around my waist.

Three guards in suits surrounded us, and the moment people saw us, they quickly scattered away making space.

We went to the upper sitting area, which had two large L shaped sofas, all the men stood up in greeting upon us entering. 

Rome nodded at them, making them sit, taking his own seat across them. I sat down too, a few metres away from him but he pulled me from the waist making me sit beside him.

"Don Moretti," a man in a grey suit, who looked in his mid thirties stood up from the other sofa.

"Maxwell," Rome adressed him with the least interest, his hand coming behind me on the sofa rather than taking the awaiting hands of Maxwell.