You.

Rome's pov:

It was like the world had stopped, like the feel of her lips on my own were the only thing that mattered.

I'd never known any feeling like this before, it felt like somebody had lit my body up like one of those christmas trees.

I held onto her so tightly afraid if I let go she'd turn away, and with her would go away this part of me. A part of me I'd never seen before but didn't want to let go.

She broke the kiss, to breathe for a moment, our eyes clashing. So many emotions on our faces in our head but none being voiced.

She searched my eyes, like she was unsure I'd say it was a mistake and that I'd changed my mind about marrying her. But the fact was even if I wanted I could not.

She brought back the boys together, she brought back Martha and Dante's laughter, she brought back life to the estate. It felt like I was six again, roaming through it's room, with warm bright colours shining everywhere.

I didn't want her to go away, because intentionally or unintentionally but I was hooked to her. I liked how she challenged all my decisions, voiced her opinions out loud and clear, put me in my place.

It was like she was giving me a second chance in life, where I wasn't surrounded by 'yes men's' and had so much more to accomplish, so much more to become to be the perfect husband for her.

"Cara," I breathed, looking into her eyes.

"I don't want you to go, it is not just an arrangement anymore. I want this to happen baby, just give me a chance." I said, desperate for her to understand my situation. For her to know she didn't have to do anything, I'd make it work some way or the other. That she didn't have to sacrifice anything for a person like me.

She gently cupped my jaw, the one action enough to make my chest squeeze. "I want to trust you, but.." she peered up at me, her eyes switching between mine.

"I know cara, I understand. Just give this, us, sometime. I promise I'll make everything right." I said, taking her face in my hands.

She looked at me hesitantly but nodded. Her beautiful brown curls falling on her golden face. Just looking at her had my heart doing summersaults in my chest.

She was like the sun to me, bright and warm. And the more I looked at her the more her glow turned my head into goo untill all I could think was just her.

She moved back, taking her warmth with her. My phone dinged of a message from Dante.

This idiot. He's organised a party for celebrations without asking first.

"Dante has organised a celebratory party for us, it's in one of our clubs we'll have to leave in a few hours then." I informed her.

Her eyebrows scrunched, "But I've to change and have nothing to wear and how will I get ready?"

"Don't worry I'll arrange all that and there's my penthouse above the building we can go there." I said, leading her towards the elevator.

The moment the elevator's doors closed our eyes locked, the tension was inside the four walls choking me.

I felt ablaze and my dick was still mostly rock solid in my pants. I saw Kate instinctively lick her lips and almost lost it again.

But the elevator dinged and she got out, leaving me there with an aching head, pulsing cock and thumping chest.

The penthouse was in warm grey and cream tones with modern design with one way glass bulletproof glass as some of the walls. I'd always loved coming back here, it was like my sanctuary with peace and no-one to disurb me.