My bargain.

Rome's pov:

Hazel slowly walked over to me and stood infront of me, with her big implants practically pushed into my face.

"Sit the fuck down," I glared at her and she quickly cowered back and sat across me folding her legs, jutting her hips out.

I inwardly rolled my eyes at her antics, "Ricco is dead," she said sobering up and coming to business.

"And?"

"And it's hard to believe you've nothing to do with it Rom-" she said, narrowing her eyes.

"It's Don for you, and I don't see how any of that is your concern," I said my voice cold.

"You violated the Omerta."

"State one more obvious thing and I'll shoot you in between the eyes." I replied my temper already going bad again.

"Maxwell is not happy about it."

"Tell Maxwell to come speak to me directly instead of sending one of his little whores the next time,now get out." I said making Hazel's shoulders tense.

"Then see you outside business Don," she said, before getting up and giving me a suggestive smile.

Dante came inside as soon as Hazel walked out and glared at her retrieving figure.

"Look into Maxwell and what is he upto and see how strong his and Ricco's connection was," I said snapping Dante's attention to me.

"Remind me again why do you kill people without a second thought," Dante said, with a sarcastic sweet smile on his face referring to my impulsive decision of killing Ricco without hesitation.

"That is how you survive in this field," I said, shrugging off my suit jacket and folding my sleeves.

"Where is Kate," I asked, walking upto him.

"Somewhere that is sure not here, to give you privacy" he said his smile even bitter now if possible.

I glared at him, "Get the fuck out of here before I shoot you in the leg."

"Get the fuck out of here before I shoot yo-" he mimicked me but burst out the doors the moment I whipped out my pistol from the waistband.

I walked to my bar and poured myself a drink, swirling it's contents in the glass and went upstairs to Kate's room.

I knocked twice before entering and saw an empty room.

Kate was nowhere to be found, Martha and Dante both started searching for her after I asked them to.

They joined me in the living room, Dante looking at me with narrowed eyes,"you shouldn't have asked her to leave in the first place from the office, what if something happ-" he started but choked onto his words when I gripped his neck, cutting off his oxygen circulation.

Luca entered the hall just then and his eyes widened at the scene infront. He quickly came up to us pulling me back.

"Not one more word Dante," I said glaring at him which he returned, while simultaneously coughing and Martha patting his back.

The thought made me uncomfortable, I knew it had to something with me not being able to take over if something happens to my potential wife and bargain for the throne.

The day had started with shit and it was just getting worse. Just then Luca called Jackson who was also our head of security and asked him to search around the mansion for her.

Martha asked me to calm down and made me sit.

"Why the fuck am I sitting here when I know my wife isn't safe." I said after a moment my voice hard and loud.