You're crazy

Kate's pov:

Loud music, sweaty bodies, and the smell of alcohol lingered in the club. I clutched Daisy's hand tighter and looked down at her to make sure she was fine.

She looked like a child in a candy shop, with her big doe eyes looking at everything with fascination.

How the fuck does a kid like an environment like this is beyond my understanding but nonetheless I took her upstairs.

There were four bodyguards shielding us with Dante right infront. We sat in the lounge, Daisy beside me and Jade and Dante across us. Somehow Dante had managed to manipulate Rome into letting him go for security reasons.

Or it might be for the fact that he used me as a leverage. Anyways.

"Are you alright," I asked, Daisy.

She gave me a big toothed grin with a thumbs up nodding her head.

"Okay," I muttered. "Do you want to have some snacks?"

"Yeah me too," Jade chirped in.

I asked one of the guards to bring us the menu. "Is Rome not joining us?" I asked Dante.

Rome was keeping so busy nowadays, I barely saw him. And with his absence came the weird sinking feeling.

I never understood the concept of missing alive people, because if you know they're safe and sound why would you still miss them? Isn't it understandable and you just know that at end of the day you will see them anyways.

But I think it was the universe's way of teaching me what and why it was. Because sometimes we just can't get enough of certain people, like they're our halos, taking away the light above us with them.

But I'd rather die than accept this aloud.

"He's been working overtime to strike a deal with the Russians." Dante replied, sipping on some vodka.

"There's a child with us," Jade glared at him, slapping his thigh. Dante sheepishly smiled at her and put the glass down.

I snickered at his immediate change in attitude.

"Yeah well right, he's busy I guess." I said, trying to hide the disappointment in my voice.

"Do you want to dance?" Jade asked Daisy wiggling her brows.

Daisy almost broke her neck with the intensity with which she nodded her head. God.

"Well okay, let me clear the dance floor for the ladies," Dante added, getting up buttoning his suit.

I pulled my white dress lower before getting up, walking down with everyone else.

Dante had removed almost all the men on the dance floor, with just the bodyguards, us and other women.

The DJ started playing 'hot n cold' by Katy Perry, my legs moving on their own accord. I let my shoulders free and danced along the rhythm.

All the ladies had now come in a circle and were screaming their lungs out on the lyrics.

"CAUSE YOU'RE HOT THE YOU'RE COLD, YOURE YES THEN YOU'RE NOT.
YOU'RE IN THEN YOU'RE OUT,
YOU'RE UP THEN YOU'RE DOWN,
YOU'RE WRONG WHEN IT'S RIGHT,
ITS BLACK THEN ITS WHITE
WE FIGHT WE BREAKUP WE KISS ME MAKEUP.!" we chorused, looking upwards, pointing at different directions.

Oh my god, my heart was drumming in my chest, the adrenaline rush insane.

We jumped up and down, throwing our hands in the air and sang in chorus untill I couldn't anymore. I signed jade that I was going towards the bar and to pay attention on Daisy.