Back to me

Kate's pov:

"I'm not going to war Romeo," I snorted at the expression on Rome's face. He was looking me so intently it scared me.

"I'm sorry I'm having to make you do this," he said, looking disappointed in himself.

"Shutup, don't act like a rural bastard who thinks his wife is of no use." I replied rolling my eyes.

Rome's lips tugged up at that, but he still looked at me with longing. His hands cupping my face.

"Come back alright to me okay?" he whispered.

"Okay," I murmured back.

We stared at each other, the air in the car shifting. Rome's gaze fell to my lips making me lick them instinctively.

He leaned in pressing a soft kiss that I returned just tenderly. Slowly moving our lips together, sealing the promise of returning back to him. To our home and family.

I wasn't sure when and how, but I was now addicted to Rome Moretti and more so attached. Attached to his sweet loving words, his gentle touch and lingering gazes.

To the way he would move along with me, instead of trying to break the one of us to adjust to the relationship.

If we were rivers, he'd flow beside me never once intersecting me or pushing me to change my direction. But flowing along and beside me. Just the two different waters touching and staying like that, retaining themself and their characteristics but still together.

He had grew on me, I wanted to give him this chance, I didn't want my freedom anymore. What I wanted was to touch him, feel him. Whether it be his hands clasped around mine, his palm cupping my cheek or his hands squeezing my ass, I wanted it. I was drawn to him like the opposite pole of a magnet.

"Okay bye now," I said, pulling back. Giving his cheek one last kiss I exited the car.

There was an eerie vibe in the air, and tonight it was really cold. My leggings and black jacket came to no help when the wind blowed.

I followed the trail of bushes careful not to let myself in the open too much. It was dark outside but I was still uncertain if anybody could spot me or not.

If David gets to know about this, whoever he's working with would be notified and then it would be immediate war. I didn't want that. I wanted Rome to have the upper hand.

Dante had told me I had precisely ten minutes to finish off my job. Apparently that was how long their man in David's cyber security system could keep the others off.

I sprinted towards the hidden entrance once I spotted it. Tapping twice rhythmically I pushed it open just enough for me to slip inside.

I breathed in relief when I spotted Charles.

"Old man," I panted, fuck I was really out of it.

"Don't call me that when this is your condition in just a few kilometres. Also you're one minute before time." he whispered.

I smirked, giving him a small hug. "Okay just eight minutes." I said, taking the key from him and left.