Atta girl.

Kate's pov:

"Are you out of your fucking mind?" I hear Dante's irritated angry voice, the moment we entered the house.

Luca stood beside Dante not looking too pleased at Rome either, to which Rome remained unphased and unbuttoned his suit jacket casually while taking a seat.

"What is it now?" he replies after a few seconds with a bored expression.

"What the fuck do you think are you doing by putting Kate's life in danger like this?"

I'm a little taken aback by his concern, but he needs to rest assured that I've already been trained to live in conditions worse than for an army dog's survival.

"I don't see how is that any of your concern." is the only thing Rome replies before ordering a maid to bring him some whiskey.

"Enough of these antics Rome, we need to get going fast. If you keep putting our most valuable asset in a life threatening position like this, then be ready for the overtaking of the throne in the after life." Luca intervenes with a serious expression and his hands folded across his chest.

I narrow my eyes at them it is like I'm not visible to them, especially to Luca the way he's talking about me.

"I appreciate your concern Mr.Luca but I'd rather fight with men and humble them a little than be disrespected like this, and let myself be reduced to just a mere transactionary thing of value by being called an asset." I reply standing infront of him, with the fakest and sweetest smile I could muster.

Luca's face remains stoic while Dante smiles at me looking proud.

I look towards Rome only to find him staring at me, with two of his fingers on his lower face trying to hide his expression.

"We will talk about this in the morning" Rome says, picking his glass of whiskey and walking up to me grabbing me by the hand gently.

"Let's go upstairs to your room," he says in a suspiciously low voice.

I remove his hand away from mine, "I'm very much capable of doing so myself, thankyou" I fake smile at him.

Dante slow whistles while Rome glares at him, and Luca walks away with an expressionless face.

"Goodnight guys" Dante drawls on his way upstairs.

"Could've just pretended to accept my offer on the walk to your door, y'know."

"Why? so that I could save your fragile masculinity that cannot take no as an answer, especially not infront of other men." I reply with a bitter laugh.

"You know that's not how it is."

"No, I don't. Bye." I say closing the door on his face.

I kept tossing and turning but there was no sign of sleep, so I went back to my conversation with Rome in the car.

I couldn't shake the heavy feeling off my chest about how, he so easily talked about returning me to my father for consequences. I thought I could trust him, now that things were getting a little better. My mind then drifted back to my father and how he was so unenthusiastic about me having to marry Rome. But at the same time too adamant on it too, like his life depended on it.

I picked up my phone and opened her contact. My hand hovered over the send icon for a few seconds and before I could change my decision I hit send.

Me: Hi, I'd like to meet you tomorrow if that's okay with you..

I threw my phone on the other side of the bed and tried to stop my racing thoughts from jumping to conclusions.

A few moments later my phone beeped.