She'll be fine.

Kate's pov:

I was sitting there, now feeling somewhat lighter. I think crying is nice, it's like squeezing the water out of a wet cloth and then hanging it under the sun.

The night was quiet, only the sound of leaves rustling and the occasional beep of a car passing by could be heard.

The bright lights of a car stopping infront of me blinded me suddenly, making me turn my head away. A few moments later they went out and I saw a man get out.

It was Rome, he was still in his suit pants and white shirt except his shirt was crumpled now, his hair dishelved and face barely showing any emotions.

He stared at me for a moment before coming down to sit beside me. He took of his blazer and gently put it on me. The blazer was warm and smelled like him, I snuggled into it.

We sat there like that for a few minutes staring at the sky, "I'm sorry" he said, "I shouldn't have left you here alone. I just didn't know what to do."

I looked at him, his sharp features and handsome face, his tousled hair that still sat beautifully. "It's okay, I don't expect you to leave your family or make them wait for me."

This made him turn his face towards me, his expression and emotions I couldn't really decipher, "You are my family, since the day you came into our lives you'd become a part of it."

I just stared at him, his words too heavy for me to grasp onto, so I changed the subject. "How is she?"

"She'll be fine, the bullet had gone to her arm saving her vitals, it was the shock and loss of blood that made her unconscious. Goo thing Dr.Seraj arrived right at time."

I hummed, "Do you think Martha will want to see me again?" I asked, I hated how I felt, like I was going to breakdown again and that my hopes were again snatched away from me.

"Of course she would, she was the one that assured me to drive back here. I didn't want to leave them alone again, but she insisted to bring her other daughter to her back, safely."

My head whipped down towards him, his last sentence breaking the dam gates again.

He rubbed my back soothingly with one hand, with the other patting my head, "You don't have to be sorry, it wasn't your fault baby."

He brought my face infront of his, cupping my cheeks, his eyes oh so gentle. "What happened wasn't your fault, it was those leeches that couldn't stay loyal and David that was selfish enough to take an innocent's life just like that. I'm sorry I blamed you for your blood, I just thought you were trying to save him even after everything. And no you are not weak for not wanting him to be dead. You're strong Kate, stronger than anyone I know, you're ready to sacrifice yourself for your brother's well being and I admire you for that. But please know you do not have to give your everything to just prove that you are worthy of the love you're shown." he said.

I searched his eyes for any signs of amusement, lying, but nothing. All I saw was sincerity.

"They're waiting for us," he said breaking my trance, and picking me up with him and walking to the car with me in his arms, and then placed me inside gently.

The car ride back was silent, I looked at the blue and white clouds in the dark night sky, and the stars that followed us the entire time.

Dante and his girlfriend were standing at the porch, and ran towards us or specifically my side of the car when they saw us.

"Oh my God Katie, are you okay?" Dante said sounding genuinely worried as I got out of the car, and pulled me into an embrace.

"I'm so sorry, you had to be there all alone like that." he said his lips curling down.