3- Soap

Chapter 3- The Academy

~I wish I never spoke~

"Mama! Why do I have to wear this? My T-shirts and sweats are just fine!"

"No! You must wear proper shinobi attire, I will not have my daughter showing up in rags," Mikoto said sternly, holding up a shirt.

Y/N grumbled and helped her mom at least choose a color she can bear with.

While Y/N's mother paid, she decided to look around while waiting. She peered outside the shop window and found Kakashi walking the streets with his dad by his side.

He... He's still alive? Y/N thought with wide eyes.

"Mum! I'll be right back. I see my friend outside!"

"Okay, don't be out too long N/N," Mikoto said.

Y/N ran outside and stood in front of Kakashi as he and his father stopped walking.

"Kakaa-shi! Hi," Y/N looked at Sakumo.

His father smiled at her. "Kakashi, is she a friend of yours?"

"Unfortunately," Kakashi rolled his eyes. Sakumo sweatdropped as he chuckled in embarrassment.

"Be respectful."

Y/N bowed and raised her head, "I'm Uchiha Y/N it's a pleasure to meet you Hatake-san."

"The pleasure's all mine, my son here can be a little anti-social so go easy on him please and you can call me Sakumo."

"Papa," Kakashi whined.

"N/N~," Mikoto sang as she walked out of the store. She stopped and looked at Sakumo. "S-Sakumo-san?"

"Mikoto," he turned to Y/N. "Your mother is Uchiha Mikoto?" Sakumo asked, astonished. Y/N nodded.

"And you must be Kakashi-kun," Mikoto bent down with a smile. Kakashi narrowed his eyes and huffed.

Sakumo chuckled. This boy and his no manners, he sighed.

"Is your son starting the academy soon, too?" Mikoto raised her head to Sakumo.

He nodded, "Yes, we're out shopping for school supplies today."

"Same as we," Mikoto smiled, kindly. "We should really be heading back before lunch, it was good seeing you again Sakumo and it was nice meeting you Kakashi-kun. Maybe the kids can have a playdate soon."

"Of course," Sakumo grinned. "Bye."

"Bye!"

"I'll see you at the academy, Kakashi!" Y/N shouted.

"Mhm," Kakashi nodded and walked off.

~~

"N/N! Hurry up or we'll be late!" Mikoto shouted from the main hall as she placed her shoes on.