10- Teacher's Pet

Chapter 10- Am I Not Good Enough?

~I know I'm young, but my mind is well beyond my years~

"Mom.. It's only gonna be a few years," Y/N hugged over her mother's round belly. She was due very soon.

"I know honey, but you've never been away that long from home before, I'll miss seeing my beautiful daughter everyday."

"Hey Hey," Y/N giggled as her mother smothered her with kisses and hugs.

"You'll be a big girl by the time you get back," Mikoto sniffed.

"I'm a big girl now." Y/N raised a brow and put her hands on her hips. "You're just being blind."

"Call me blind one more time," Mikoto snickered, her sharingan shining brightly.

"Okay okay whatever I take it back," Y/N giggled and pushed her mom away gently.

...

Y/N slung her bag over her shoulders and ran toward the door but stopped and turned.

Fugaku standing there with his arms crossed and a forever scowl on his face.

He gave a single nod of acknowledgment and walked away.

"I knew you were proud of me," Y/N snickered and left.

....

"Y/N..."

~~

"Where are we even going?" The two walked side by side, Y/N chewing on a dango stick.

"Well for now we're going to collect bounties, we need the money," Orochimaru shrugged.

"You mean I can help too?" Her glowing eyes shimmering underneath the sun's light rays.

Orochimaru chuckled, his grin titled as he rubbed Y/N's head.

"No, you're just going to do it by yourself. You're strong enough."

Y/N gulped, "I am?"

"Yeah," he said lightheartedly and pulled out the bingo book, showing her which ones were her target.

"Sensei, I believe you're mistaken, those are the ones with the highest bounty and they're the most aggressive..."

He snapped the book shut, "Yesss, they're easy. Unlike you they rely on brute strength and little to no mind. They're perfect for you."

Y/N nodded, "Hn, guess so. Sensei, where do I even find them? Sensei? Sensei! What the hell he just left me here?"

Kicking a rock she looked around and spotted a nearby village.

"Hn." She trapped her hands in her pockets and stalked down the hill.

"Freakin' sensei pulling this Bs on me," She huffed and sat down in a coffee shop. "What a asshole, all I can remember is the damn guy's face and name."

Looking up she spotted a man very similar to the description encrypted in her mind.
"Maybe that's all I need," She smirked.

Now shall I cause a scene or wait till he's by himself....

Fuck it, I don't want to annoy sensei.

We're following the damn guy.

~~

He's never alone!

Y/N glared at the man from the corner of her eye.

Hn.

With her sharingan activated and a mask on top of her face, she walked in front of him.

"Hey, I need something from you, sir."

"Who are you supposed to be? Get lost kid," The man blew a smoke in her face. she inhaled and spat back fire, straight into his chest.

"I told you I just needed something," she shrugged as his companions gasped and stepped away in fear.

Removing her katana from its sheath she slashed the man's head off, blood getting all over his friends.

"Oh fuck that's gross!" They ran around feeling his guts and blood all over them.

"Ew I got some in my mouth!"

"I got some in my eye, will I get pink-eye from this?"

"Nah," his friend patted his back. All three stepped back in fear watching the little kid in front of them pick up the severed head and throw it in a bag.

"What?" She asked, looking up at them.

"Uh..."

"Nothing," one shrugged.

"Yea uh let's get out of here guys?"

"Mhm right after you," they scurried off through the back exit.

"Hn. Weird," Y/N turned and left out the front door, receiving weird and confused looks.

Orochimaru showed up to her right.

"I should've left some rules."

"-But you didn't," Y/N tilted her head to look up at him.

"Hnhnhn you're remarkable," He smirked.

"Sensei, do you ever regret taking me under your wing? I mean I know I'm young..."

He interrupted her with a raised brow.

"I've never regretted it before, why would I now? You're perfect, Y/N. You're a fast learner, you listen well, you're strong and intelligent. I see so much potential in you. You're everything I could ever want in a student."

"...That's good to hear," She nodded and followed after him.