20- Riot

Chapter 20- trouble.

~Refusing to back down~

"Ah, this place brings back so many memories!"

Itachi shook his head.

"Y/N, you only went to this school for a few months."

"And? As skilled as I was growing up, I was the only person in my class to always... forget where I was going."
Y/N's expression went to one of confusion. "Why the hell was I always getting lost?"

She looked up in thought with a hand on her chin. The hallways weren't even that complicated.

"Big brother!" Sasuke shouted as he ran out of the academy. Y/N turned around, and Sasuke's smile got even brighter. "Y/N! You came!"

"Let's walk home together, Sasuke!" Itachi called him over.

Y/N leaned down and gave Sasuke the biggest hug.

"Oh, I missed you, Sasu!"

"Done with your mission, huh?" He asked happily. "Does that mean you can teach me the shuriken jutsu?!"

"Anything for you," Y/N patted his head.

...

The three walked closer to the Uchiha compound, passing the police force on the way.

"Guess what! My teacher at the academy complimented me on my combat skills!" Sasuke said it cheerily.

"That's great, Sasuke! We can practice more later if you'd like." She smiled at him as he laughed and nodded.

Y/N always made sure he knew that she was proud of him. She praised him all the time when she could. Lord knows their father's always overlooking Sasuke in favor of Itachi.

She didn't want him to go through the same issues she went through, never feeling good enough.
Never being good enough.

~~

Itachi was in the midst of the men, all seated in the meeting room. Next in line, Y/N sat in the front, closest to Fugaku, who stood with two others in front of everyone.

"As most of you may know, my son, Itachi, has joined my daughter, Y/N, in Anbu. Close proximity to the Hokage and top officials will mean access to more information. And that will be a benefit to the entire Uchiha clan. Itachi, do you have anything to report now?" He addressed the clan.

"Yes. I'm still new, so there isn't much to report yet. But in the Leaf's higher ranks, I don't believe there's much solidarity. It's my belief that the Uchiha clan's choices will forge the future of the entire Hidden Leaf."

Y/N and Fugaku nodded to that.

"Exactly. By all rights, the Uchiha clan must be central to determining the future of the Leaf. Y/N, anything to report?"