15- Outside

Chapter 15- Regrets.

~There's a power in what you do-Now every other day, I'll be watching you~

Now every other day, I'll be watching you~

Y/N stood in front of the stone where many names were engraved, she rubbed her fingers over Obito's name. She laid down the flowers she had for him and did a silent prayer.

It should've been me.

She ponders for a moment, what his life would be like had she arrived faster, or put herself under the rock instead.

Finally, she goes back to stand with the Uchiha clan. Next to her father as the next in line. Shinobi lined up in rows as they mourned the deaths of their fellow soldiers and comrades.

A man whispered behind her to her father. "Lord Third takes full responsibility for this and he's to retire soon, rumor has it you may be chosen as the fourth Hokage. What should we do about Hatake Kakashi? He doesn't belong to our clan but he possesses the sharingan. I understand Uchiha Obito fought bravely..."

Y/N narrowed her eyes, "Obito's a hero. Let Kakashi have the Sharingan, no matter if he's not a part of this clan it was bestowed upon him as a parting gift. He has the right to the Sharingan blood or not."

Fugaku nodded, "Let's respect his wishes."

Despite many from the Uchiha clan being against Kakashi wielding the Sharingan since he had no ties to them. Uchiha Fugaku, him being the head of the clan, chose to honor Obito's dying actions and let Kakashi keep his gift.

Ultimately letting him in the end because his daughter pestered him about it, to let Kakashi keep the Sharingan and she'd train him to her best ability on how to use it.

Seeing as he wanted to see how it went and for Y/N to prove herself to him, he accepted.

"We should bring the Sharingan back to the clan."

"The war just ended. Do not sow seeds of discord. We finally have peace. We will persevere to maintain it. That is the duty of the Uchiha," Fugaku watched as his daughter clenched her little brother's hand. After finding out he brought Itachi out into the battlefield with him, safe or not, she was pissed.

Itachi looked to his right, seeing Orochimaru standing there with a smirk looking like he was about to hand him candy then ask him to jump in his minivan for some free puppies. He shivered and nudged Y/N when she didn't respond he looked up at her.

Her eyes seemed dull and lifeless, Obito used to force that out of her. Now he's gone. She felt herself succumb to the darkness she didn't want to go down.

Itachi pulled Y/N as they both disappeared silently, no one even realizing they were gone.

"Orochimaru-sensei." Y/N greeted with a bow.