27- Another Love.

Chapter 27- Revelation.

~Words, they always win, but i know ill lose~

"Minato, why did you do this? What about Kushina?"

"What about her?" He replied, annoyed. He was currently ironing his Hokage robe.

"I mean- she's your wife. You're abandoning her and for me? I can't love you back."

He giggled and walked over to her, placing sunglasses atop her head before prancing away.

"Don't worry about that. She's none of your concern. I just needed someone in the meantime for an offspring. She was never the one I wanted," he said, holding up his piece of work.

"When did it get like this?" Y/N stared at the ground through the sunglasses. "Our friendship was always so innocent and precious to me. You were my sensei. You taught me so much in a short amount of time. You often took me under your wing and trained me till my breath gave out. You helped fuel my motivation to get stronger, so I can take care of the people around me. The people I love while also destroying the weak."

"It was love at first sight, Y/N. I needed more from you."

"But I was so young," She shivered. "We shared so many heartfelt moments and I would've never seen this coming."

"You were very mature for your age and one of the strongest people I've ever met. I was intrigued by your presence. The way you carry yourself with the utmost confidence and caring nature. You care for the people you live with despite constantly pushing them away. I've watched you for a very long time. I know almost everything about you. I know you don't like pho or anything sweet. You make an exception for dangos because your brother loves them so much. You hide away from the people around you when you start to feel emotional because emotions scare you. You drown yourself in training because it's better to run from your problems than face them head-on. You constantly seek validation from older men because your relationship with your father has always been rocky."

Y/N bit her lip. Jeez.

"You make time for the people you love because you have this fear of missing out that if you wait too long they'll disappear. For example, always making time to train Sasuke or hang out with Obito. That's why you tried so hard to save Sakumo because at the time he was the closest thing you had to a real father. The same thing goes for Orochimaru. For me though, I felt we had a different relationship. Our bond was on another level, You saw me as your equal. Not Kakashi and Obito or Rin. Not even your younger brother Itachi despite him being a young prodigy. I saw you as my equal."

"You're delusional," Y/N spat. "Also we've never been on the same level. You've always been stronger than me."

Minato sighed, "Maybe so. Do you remember the day I'd been assigned to be the Fourth Hokage?"