6- One Too Many

Chapter 6- Greed.

~Everybody wants,Everybody needs~

~Everybody wants,
Everybody needs~

"Which weapon resonates with you the most?"

In front of Orochimaru were daggers and swords scattered across the table, Y/N and Kakashi looked over them in awe.

Kakashi reached across the table and picked up an O' Tanto, much like his father's. He pulled out the blade from its sheath and waved it in front of him.

"This one," He nodded.

Y/N jumped up to see what else was on the table, she peered around and her eyes caught a sword shimmering in the sunlight. Her eyes glistened as she reached out and grabbed it from its hilt, she admired the way the Katana was built.

"That's a special one," Orochimaru smirked. "This one works well with your chakra, it may seem like an ordinary Katana but soon enough when you've mastered your chakra natures, you can learn how to transfer it into your blade. With your lightning style, it can work best, or if you want to mix wind with it or even fire style."

"Wow," she removed the sheath and placed the back of the blade on her palm, she moved it around and watched the way it shined underneath the beaming sun. "I'll take this one!"

"Good," Orochimaru funneled chakra into a seal as all the weapons on the table disappeared. "Your first part of this training is learning how to hone your weapons. Kakashi, your tanto is used like a dagger, to stab or slice if needed. It is good for puncturing or piercing your enemies, it can do a great deal of damage if handled correctly. Now firstly we'll start with the basics. I've created an obstacle course for the two of you in the forest of death. Your objective is to get through the obstacle course in under five minutes using only these weapons and only then will I deem you two worthy enough to become my students."

Y/N gasped, "I thought we already were.. I won't let you down, Orochimaru-sensei!" she spoke with new determination.

"Well that's new," Orochimaru mumbled.

"Neither will I," Kakashi huffed.

"Now that I know you two are determined to not fail me, I expect you to meet me there in five." With that Orochimaru disappears leaving the other two stunned but determined.

"Let's go!" Y/N cheered and raced with Kakashi to the forest.

...

"Is this the entrance?" Y/N looked around wearily. Kakashi pushed past a gate as it opened with ease.

"Has to be," he answered.

"We must get to the center of the forest!" She tried to run through only to be pulled back by Kakashi as he pointed around at hidden wires glistening in the sun.

"There are traps, we cannot just run in there blindly."

"You're right," Y/N placed a hand on her chin.