the fallout begins

I could hear her soft snores as she slept. This feeling felt weird holding her, felt weird. I couldn't explain how I was feeling.

I carried her upstairs, placing her on the bed gently. She was a deep sleeper. I've noticed that when I was in her house. I stood by the bottom of the bed watching her sleep peacefully.

She was something, something to look at. I sat on the other side of the bed then got myself more comfortable next to her.

My eyes didn't leave her side, she was finally mines. I have her now, this feels different from what I had with Candie.

Candie. She will never be forgotten. I was supposed to be a father. But she took her life, she, she was being selfish.

I told her I was sorry that night, I've always apologize to her. But it seemed as if she saw right through me. I always envy Candie whenever she did that. I don't like when people try to read me.

I felt her shift next me turning from her back to her side. Let's hope she's different. I hope Valerie doesn't make the same mistake Candie did.

~ time skip, two weeks later ~

We all sat there in silence, just staring at Valerie's picture. It wasn't the same without her. She was my best friend. I laid my head on Josh's shoulder.

He placed a comforting hand around me, thank God for him. I probably would have been dead by now.

"This is bullshit!" Sean spoke up, interrupting the silence.

I looked up seeing him with an angry facial expression. He keep scoffing to himself, shaking his head in disappointment.

"The police, her parents, no one but us are out here searching for her." he hissed, taking a sip of his water.

"It's like they don't even care." josh muttered.

"She should have stayed with you." I said coldly, giving Sean a mean glare.

Josh took his arm from around my shoulder, while Sean just sat there shaking his head at me.

"You've gotta be kidding me." he scoffed.

"Guys let's calm-"

"No, Josh I will not calm down. Ever since Valerie started talking to you again, she's been getting hurt! You're bad news-"

Sean stood up stepping closer to me, "How the hell is this my fault, you're Valerie's friend you should have been there for her just as much as I was!" he screamed.

Josh got up pushing me in back of him, then motion for Sean to sit down.

"I don't need this, I'm leaving." Sean said shaking his head, while grabbing all of his belongings.

"Go ahead and leave! That's all you ever do!" I screamed as he made his way to the my front door.

Josh brushed passed me retreating to his belongings, I frowned my eyebrows at him.

"Where are you going?"

"Myra I deal with this right now. This is the second time you've done this." Josh says with a slight raise in his voice.

"Josh-"

"Please don't do that. Not now." he brushed beside me grabbing the front door too. "I'll call you later." he sighed walking out of the front door.

I plopped down on the couch, burying myself in my hands. I told myself I wasn't gonna cry, I needed to be strong, not only for myself but for Valerie.

I gave myself a small smile lifting my head up, looking at her picture. I missed her.