bad idea

I felt my stomach doing backflips as Laurie confirmed my pregnancy. I could feel the tears fall from my face to my thighs.

Laurie sat down beside me holding me while I cried. I don't want to keep it. He's taken so much from me. I refuse to let him make this decision for me.

"I'm not keeping it. I'm not gonna give up my body for him!" I screamed.

Laurie hands broke from my body. She just stared at me for while. Not knowing what to say.

"Laurie you have to help me. You're the only one I have now." I cried.

I could see her eyes start to well up with tears as I pleaded to her. She was hesitanting on speaking. It's like she wasn't trying to tell me something.

"Valerie I can't-"

"Please Laurie! You have to help me."

"It's too dangerous, I can't-"

I shook my head and scoffed at her. I turned away from her, looking through the cabinets filled with medicine. I let my hands roam all of the containers, even knocking down some out of anger.

"You have to have something fuck anything!"

"Valerie stop! Stop doing that!" she yelled at I knocked more of the pill containers out of the cabinet.

I screamed falling to the ground throwing the containers away from me. Laurie feet stood before me.

"Why won't you help me!"

I could hear a heavy sigh escape from her lips, "There's a place.."

She paused before going on again.

"They're not- they don't have to proper tools for what you're trying to do."

"Just tell me Laurie."

"Valerie they're not safe! If they mess something us you're stuck like that for life."

I wiped at my tears if risking my life for an abortion was what I have to do in order to not have this baby with him. Then so be it.

"I can't have a child- especially not with him." I looked her into her eyes while she stood before me again.

I watched as she scribbled something in her stationary pad. Then handed it to me.

I snatched it to see what she wrote down, it was an address. I looked up at her puzzled.

"It a place that does them for a cost."

"How much?" I stood up fixing myself up so I would appear normal to Dosse when I go back to the car.

She turned her back towards her medicine cabinet, she grabbed my purse then put unidentified meds in them.

"They'll accept these, just don't tell them where you got them."

"Okay I won't." I got myself situated for heading back outside.

I took one look back at her, "Thank you so much."

I put my hands up to my lips praising her, she just stood there shaking her head as if she wanted to take it all back.

"Just be safe Valerie."

***

"What's on your mind?"

I shook my head and smiled at Dosse, assuring her that I was fine. If I was going to do what I needed to do I needed to get on her good side.

"I'm fine. Really!" I smiled.

I watched as she reached in her pocket to check her phone. She always did that, it's like I always had a curfew.

Before she could even tell me about the time, I told her about the place that was written on the paper.

"You know we can't do that." she sighed.

"We can't? or it's just that you don't want to?"

Dosse side eyed me and that followed with a small smile.

"I never said that."

"Then why can't we just go- do whatever we want. Do whatever I want!"

She side eyed me again making a pout face. I rolled my eye cursing to myself.  I swear she's so heartless when it comes to me.

"I'm pregnant, can't go back home like this. Might as well just take me where I want to go if you wanna keep me as a prisoner."

"If I take you will you stop whining." she moaned.

"Maybe.."

Her hands gripped at the steering wheel, it's like I could almost feel her stomp on the gas and increase the speed on purpose.

"Dosse-"

She started at the road with a stupid smile plastered on her face. Not even listening to a word tha came out my mouth.

I could feel a rush of adrenaline in my body as she sped faster.

"Dosse will you stop!"

"See, I'm fun." she said pressed down hard on the break.

I looked at her in disgust, just glaring at her while she laughed to herself.

"Don't tell Anthony I wasn't trying to kill you, alright."

- 1 hour later -

My eyebrows furrowed as Dosse pulled in front of the place. It looked ran down, like a ran down boutique or something.

"This is where you wanted to go?" dosse said unstrapping her seatbelt.

I looked back down at the paper while Dosse opened up her door. I stepped out as soon as Dosse opened my door.

"That lady has been staring at us ever since we pulled in here." dosse whispered while sneakily adjusting her gun.

"Maybe I should just go in by myself." I says staring at her jacket.

"As if I'm gonna let you go in there alone."

"Dosse."

She looked back at that woman then back at me. Her phone blared loudly, which gave me a chance to escape her grasp.

As she answered the phone for whoever, I rushed in the boutique awkwardly walking up to the woman's desk.

As I looked around it looked like a store for children's clothes, the woman looked me up and down. Which made me highly uncomfortable, it seemed as if she had x ray vision.

"You're a lot younger than most the girls that come in her. How far along are you?" she says as her eyes stayed glued to my stomach.

"I- I don't know-"

"Then how much do you have?"

"I have these." I slammed the unidentified meds on the counter table.

Her face expression changed as she opened the container, pulling out a blue pill. She held it up to the light.

She nodded at me smiling, "Where'd you get these?"

I turned back to look at Dosse, who was still on the phone. She looked back at me causing me to focus back on the woman in front of me.

"Are you gonna help me or not."

The woman looked at Dosse then back at me with squinted eyes, "You're friend looks kinda of familiar."

I snatched the pill jug from her hands. 

"Are you gonna help me or not?" I repeated louder this time.