Pizza Pizza

TRIGGER WARNING: INVOLVES THE USE OF STRONG LANGUAGE

***

It's been three weeks since school ended. I feel like I've been trapped in this house since then. My mom has been in and out selling everything in the house for drugs. I made sure to keep my door locked so she can't take anything of mines.

I rarely go out with my friends anymore, mainly because I didnt have the energy too.

I heard a knock on my window. Pulling back my curtain slightly seeing Sean with a pizza box in his hands.

What is he doing here.

I pulled back the curtain fully and opened my window as well. "Sean what are you doing here?'

I took the pizza from his hands allowing him to climb himself into my room.

"Well nobody's heard from you. And I decided to come check on you."He says with a faint smile.

"Well there's no need to worry about me. " I sat on my bed opening up the pizza box he'd brought here.

"I know you have a hard time confiding in me. But just know that I wouldn't mind if you did." He says sitting down on the bed next to me.

"I'm fine. Really." I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze.

He took a slice of pizza bringing it to my lips, offering me a bit. Shyly I took a bite of his pizza.

"Thank you." I gratefully said giving a small smile to him.

He smiled tucking my hair behind my ear. "It's the least I could do."

I saw him take a quick gaze around my room. I instantly felt a bit embarrassed. My room wasn't the worst compared to my mom's.

"Sorry I didn't have enough time to clean."

He put his hand on my knee, "You're room looks fine. I just wanted to know if your tv worked."

I quickly found the remote and turned it on for him. He looked at me amazed.

"Never thought I'd be in here." he chuckled.

"Me either."

I finally found something for us to watch. Sean liked watching those very bad quality movies with the trash actors. I found the movie to be really funny especially with the bad acting.

I ended up resting my head on his chest. I snuggled more into him. I don't know how it ended up happening but I fell asleep just by being in his presence.

He played with my hair giving me kisses on the forehead whenever I shifted around too much. Sean was the sweetest guy ever. I could never stay away from him. Even if I truly wanted to.

I woke up to the loud sound of my mother's yelling. I was confused but immediately tensed up when I noticed that Sean wasn't in my bed.

I even saw that my dresser had been pushed to the side.

Fuck.

I jolted from my bed after hearing a loud smash noise that may have been coming from the kitchen.

"You're a lying piece of shit!" my mother says as she held up a broken beer bottle up to Sean's face.

"Mom stop! He didn't do anything wrong!"

My mom turned around and started screaming about how Sean was in the bathroom stealing stuff. Which I know was entirely untrue based on how scared he look.

"He didn't take anything! He just needed to use the bathroom! Put the fucking bottle down!"

She shook her head at me and slowly started to size me up. I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"You brought a boy in this house! You were having sex in my house!" she says slowly stepping closer to me with the shattered bottle still in hand.

"It wasn't like that Ma'am. I just checked to see if she was okay. I promise."

"Shut your lying ass up before I call the cops on you!" she then turned back at me pointing the bottle at me.

My fist balled up, if she was gonna do what I think she was gonna do. I swear I was gonna hurt her.

"Mom put the bottle down now." I calmly said.

Her eyes grew wide as she began to curse at me, calling me all types of horrible names.

"You're a whore Valerie! And you know what whores don't end up with nice lives! "

"I guess it takes one to know one." I scoffed.

She got really upset at what I said and ended up charging at me with that bottle. I didn't take a chance to defend myself I just headed straight to my room and tried my best to barcade my room.

I prayed that Sean would just take that as an opportunity to make a run for it as well. I turned around and saw that he left his phone here.

I grabbed his phone and climbed out my window, he was outside about to get in his truck without it.

"Sean!" I whisper shouted.

Turning around he saw me with his phone in my hand. I knew what happened probably scared him and he most likely just wanted to leave.

I walked over to him handing him his phone. I looked at him with sorry eyes.

"I am so so sorry. I should've tol-" before I could finish my apology he had scooped me into his arms.

"You don't need to apologize for her."

"I know I'm just so embarrassed." I held onto him tighter as a tear slowly made it's way down my cheek.

"I want you to come stay with me tonight." he says looking me in my eyes.

I shook my head no, even though I wanted too. I'd rather just deal with the problem than run away from it.

"I can't. You know I can't." I sighed.

He held my hands caressing them with his thumbs. "Please."

" I really do appreciate the offer bu-"

"At least let me bring you over Myra's house. I rather see you somewhere other than here. It's not safe." he explained.

My eyes met the ground after he said that. I wasn't safe here. He was right. The sad thing about it is that I was over here trying to convince myself to stay. I shouldn't be alone, not like this at least.

"Can I actually just stay with you?"