Unresponsive

TRIGGER WARNING: INVOLVES STRONG LANGUAGE AND THREATS

***

I could hear my mother busting her beer bottles at my door. She had been calling me names all morning because  she claimed I stained her all of her clothes.

"Mom you're crazy! Get away from my door! or I'll call the cops again!" I screamed, I thought maybe she would be intimidated by my threat. But it just made her bang on my door more.

"You're selfish fat bitch! Wait till you fucking come out that room! I promise I'll cut you!"

I looked in the mirror trying not to cry, trying to just focus on getting ready for my last two weeks of school. She'll never have to worry about me again.

I threw on black hoodie with my purple plaided skirt. Then tied up my black converse before I jumped out of my escape window for school.

I quickly ran away from my house hoping my mom wouldn't come out and try to fight me in front of our neighbors. I contuined running til I caught up with my best friends Myra and Josh.

We'd all been besties even though Myra and Josh had been dating for the last few months now. Nothing changed for me at all. I was happy for them. Were they annoying, yes. But I had no other friends beside them.

"Hey Valerie, you okay?" Josh had asked me with his deeply concerned face.

I gave him a slight smile, "You know my mom." I chuckled.

He looked at me trying to give me a hug, "I'm fine Josh, really. You don't have to baby me."

"Valerie we're just a bit concerned for your safety." Myra added.

I let out a huge sigh and began walking in front of them. "Guys were gonna be real late if we don't get going."

"Valerie! Newelua! Grenee!" I heard Myra angrily call out for me.

I rolled my eyes walking backwards to them. Turning around, they engulfed me into there embrace. My tears decide it was time to fall, the next thing I knew I started balling into my friends arms.

"It's never gonna get better." I sobbed. "She hates me. She really really hates me."

"Valerie babe, you're mother is just taking the whole divorce thing really hard." Myra sniffled to me.

"It's been four years, my dad isn't acting this way towards me. Why is she doing it. She hat-"

"We love you..and I know you think it's not enough but we still want you to know that." Josh says as he wiped my tears away.

I smiled. "I'm such a mess."

We ending up walking to school after all of my crying. After completely cleaning out my locker, my class was able to do whatever we pleased. I had just decide to go to the bleachers and just vibe to music in my headphones.

I sat outside watching the very little movement that happened amongst my peers. I put in my headphones on trying to block out everything else around me.

I was successful for about five minutes that was until someone decided to plop right next to me and tap my shoulder. It was Sean. Someone who I'd like for a very long time.