𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 - 𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐭

𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐖𝐀
𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 7:00𝐚𝐦

*beep..beep..beep*

"Alright, alright I'm getting up ," you rolled over in your bed, turning off your annoyingly loud alarm.

You sat up rubbing your puffy eyes, squinting, you started to feel around on your nightstand for your glasses.

Where the hell are they..

*crack*

"Ow!"

You winced in pain from the unknown object you had just stepped on.

"Shit, shit, shit" you muttered to yourself. It was your glasses. Reaching down to grab them, you realized you had broken them.

*meow*

"SALEM. bad boy!" you scolded him, realizing he had been the one to knock them off your nightstand while you were asleep.

He sat on the edge of your bed, slowly blinking his bright emeralds at you.

"Ah it's okay boy, I'll just have to get new ones after work." you sighed.

You lazily stumbled into the bathroom and began brushing your teeth, looking back at your exhausted reflection. You then made your way into the shower, feeling the soothing streams of steamy water rolling down your body. You exhaled deeply, pondering about how your world had became so monotonous and so still. Why did you feel so stuck in time.

Snapping out of your own thoughts, you quickly hopped out the shower, grabbing a towel to wrap around your now chilled body.

You made it back to your bedroom and headed towards your wardrobe.

Oh what should I wear for the millionth time today?..

You reached out for your comfy white turtleneck sweater and grabbed a black leather skirt to pair with it. You stepped back looking into your full length mirror, tying back your hair with a dainty barrett.

"I still look like shit."

Maybe this will help.

You pulled out a few strands of hair around your face.

Nope.

"Well, can't say that I didn't try," you huffed out.

*meow*

You looked down and saw Salem at your feet staring back up at you as if to, say everything will be okay. You smiled back at him and reached down to give him a little scratch under his chin.

You grabbed your phone and purse, making your way to the door, swinging it open, and fleeing your apartment.

You drove a black Jeep Rubicon, that you loved so much. You had purchased it only 6 months ago, and it was a pleasing step up from your previous tiny, silver Corolla.

𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠
8:10𝐚𝐦

"I know, I know! I'm late." You rushed past Hange, your lead supervisor, straight to your desk.

You sat down turning on your computer and began logging in. Just as you were doing so, Erwin, the CEO of the company, came by dumping a ton of paperwork onto your desk.