𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐 - 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

Levi's house
Sunday, 1:00pm

"Let's just start with what you did yesterday." Levi gestured for you to start up the bike.

Once you started the bike he walked over closer to you so that you could hear him over the noisy exhaust. "Go all the way to the end of the driveway in neutral, and brake." he instructed

You felt yourself begin to tense up a bit, being all of this still felt so foreign to you, but you remained calm and slowly started releasing the clutch.

You made it to the end of his driveway without stalling, easing onto the front brake for a smooth halt.

He made you do that over a couple of more times before moving on to the next stage.

"You're ready for gear shifting now." he stated.

"I am?" you said with wide eyes.

"Unless you want to stay in neutral forever, brat~" he muttered.

Did he just call me...a brat?

"Pull in the clutch, push down once on the gear shifter, and you're in 1st gear. 1st gear is the only gear below neutral."

"Got it, I'll give it a try."

You were still very tense, upon seeing how Levi was in "instructor mode" and you did not want to make a complete fool of yourself.

You did as he said and put the bike in 1st gear, carefully releasing the clutch while giving it slight throttle.

He had all his attention on you, and that made you jitter with nerves.

You were cruising down the street at about 25mph, and started to feel that adrenaline rush kicking in.

You slowed down, looping back around to Levi who was now waiting for your return at the end of the driveway.

"So, how do you feel? Now knowing the basics of riding a motorcycle."

"Honestly...It feel awesome!" you yipped with excitement. "I never thought I'd actually get the chance to learn— well one-on-one like this."

"You never thought about taking a MSF course?" he asked, while walking the bike back into his garage.

"Well yeahh, but I'm not too much of a fan of learning in groups, like I said, I more of a one-on-one type of person."

"All the attention has to be on you, huh?" he scoffed.

"Of course," you joked. "You didn't seem to mind it though."

He didn't know how to react to your sudden flirtatious response, making you giggle on the inside.

He was about to speak before a roaring Harley pulled up behind the both of you.

...Who is this guy??

"LEVI. You never told me you had a lady friend." A tall and lean man, with shoulder length hair shouted, stepping off his suited up Harley.He was wearing a black fedora with a sleeveless leather jacket.

"Fuck off Kenny." Levi huffed, pinching the bridge of his nose in annoyance.

"My dad had that same model!" you said in surprise, with your eyes widening.

"A man of good taste!" he nodded with delight. "I like her already, kid." he patted Levi's shoulder.

"What do you want?" Levi asked with irritation plastered across his face.

"Ahh you know, just thought I'd stop by!" he replied. "What's your name beautiful young lady?"

"o-Oh I'm Y/n!" you greeted the tall man with a smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet ya, Y/n." he tipped his hat. "I'm his uncle, Kenny. Taught em' everything he knows! That's why he's such a good rider."

"But— I'm still better!" he let out a whistle like wheeze.

You couldn't help but laugh at his uncle's sudden mischievousness, combined with the agitated look on Levi's face.

Levi shot him a death glare, signaling that if he said another word, he'd be a dead man.

"Well, I guess I oughta leave you two to it then."He laughed while getting back on his Harley.

"Sorry about him." Levi sighed in annoyance.

"No don't be, he's seems really cool!" you answered.

"Ha—speak for yourself." Levi rolled his eyes.

"Hey, um— I just wanted to thank you for taking me home from the bar that night.." you scratched the back of your neck in embarrassment. "and for feeding Salem."

He stopped what he was doing and turned around to meet your eyes. The look that he gave you was different than before, looking as if to say "I'd do anything for you." But instead kept silent, and gave you a small nod.

"And I saw you also stole my case of beer." you folded your arms, acting as if you were angry.

"Just think of it as a form of well earned payment." he said steadily walking closer to you.

"You are teaching me how to ride, so that's fair enough." you smiled. "What made you want to teach me anyways?"Genuinely curious to know.

"When you asked me that day at your workplace, I remembered how you said you had always really wanted to learn for because of your dad..." he's voice changed to a more softer tone. "Later I thought, why not help you ride for him..."

You were at a loss of words. How could a man like himself that was so cold, bitter and dismissive the majority of the time, go from someone who could be so thoughtful.

"It- It really means s-so much to me.." you try keeping yourself together, stumbling over your own words. "I don't think I could ever thank you enough for this- for everything really. I mean saving me from a mugger, driving me home, and this.  Thank you."

"For whatever reason, you intrigue me." he admitted. "From the time I met you, you've made me see a different side of myself.

You could tell this was a lot for him to be put in this position of vulnerability. He wasn't a person of many words and the type to be emotionally open.

"I could say the same."

                                         • • •