𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕 - 𝐁𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡

𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 9:15𝐚𝐦

*Meow*

"You hungry boy?" you yawn out, waking up to him sitting on your chest. "Let's go get breakfast!"

Salem leaped down from the bed in excitement, following you out into the kitchen area. You got a can of white trout down from the cabinet and cracked it open. It didn't smell the best but you knew it was his favorite meal to have in the mornings.

"Alright, now for me." you rummaged around in the pantry looking for any signs of bread.

You whip up two pieces of French toast and sliced a few strawberries on this side to go along with it.

*Ding*

It was a text from Mikasa asking if you guys were meeting up for brunch. You had a lot of questions about the events that took place last night. Whenever you had tried asking Levi questions about his "lifestyle", he just didn't respond back or would just shrug it off.

𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐚𝐟𝐞́
12:30pm

"Two pecan & apple salads and one strawberry croissant!" the waitress squealed, placing them on the table in front of you.

Ugh, that's the same waitress from when I was here with Levi.

"Oh, this looks good!" Mikasa thanked the waitress.

"No problem!" she replied, placing napkins down. "So where's that cutie you were in here with the other day?"

You just looked up at her, questioning how desperate someone could be. Mikasa stopped digging into her salad, seeing you were a bit uncomfortable with her question.

"Uh, I'm not sure who you're talking about." you lied.

"Oh...well you both enjoy!" she huffed with sarcasm.

"Weird." you rolled your eyes and began digging into your salad. "Yeah, seems like Levi is Mr. popular with the ladies these day huh?" she laughed. The two of you continued eating, having casual talk with a sprinkle of gossip about the office.

"You really think Hange has a thing for Erwin?!" you giggled. 

"C'mon Y/n, I think it's pretty obvious." Mikasa affirmed.

You continued to laugh but suddenly realized what you both were really here to talk about.

"So, about last night. Who the hell was that!?" you lowered your voice.

Mikasa looked around analyzing our surrounds and leaned in. "From what I could find out, that guy that was wearing the glasses, Zeke, is the head of his 5 member biker gang called the Reapers."

"Mika, how do you know all of this?" you curiously questioned.

"Google, Instagram, and a little bit of help from my Uncle Kenny."

"Wow!" you chuckled. "You really checked into this Miss Detective."

"Ah you know I had too, plus I'm just curious to see what kinda trouble my cousin is getting into these days."

"Well? What did find?"

"It's not too good...apparently, Levi owes Zeke money for an illegal motorcycle race that took place 3 weeks ago." Mikasa sighed sinking back in here chair.

"Oh shit." you put your hand on your forehead. "Do you know how much he owes him?"

Mikasa looked up from her lap and spoke. "$10,000."

Holy shit..

"Kenny told me that this morning when I called him. He found this out after Levi came to him asking for work." she explained. "I've also come to learn that Levi is most open with him about situations."

"Oh boy.."

"Yeah, that's what I said." she agreed.

"Well...how about you and that guy? Eren was his name?" you smirked.

"Oh my god. I knew you would ask sooner than later!" she rolled her eyes at you.  "But I don't know yet, he's kinda cute though, and had a unique sense of humor."

You smiled at her, watching her cheeks glow pink just from bringing him up. 

"Oh stop!" she turned pale, knowing you'd caught her in a daze. 

You both finished eating and chatted for a bit more before she had to leave. You cleaned up your area and started heading towards the exit of the cafe.

Just before your hand wrapped around the door handle, it swung open revealing, your ex, Jean.

• • •

𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 647