𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 16 - 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐞

𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲
8:00𝐚𝐦

You sat up and stretched, with the morning sun beaming in on you through your bedroom window. Feeling well rested, you rolled yourself out of bed and got ready to start the day.

After fixing yourself some breakfast, you got a notification on your phone. It was a text from Mikasa, asking if you were awake.

Curious to see what she wanted, you just decided to dial her up. After a few rings, she picked up.

"What's up Mika?"

"If you're not doing anything later, pleasseee come along to the fair with me and Eren!" Mikasa said with excitement.

"Eren?? Are you two like dating—"

"NO , just answer my question!" she interrupted, as you could be heard giggling on the other end. "...and I guess you could invite mister grouch if you wanted."

You paused for a moment, remembering how things left off, not knowing what the current situation was between the two of you.

Would it be too awkward?

"Uh yeah- sure, I'll come." you replied.

"Yay! Okay, we'll pick you up at 6:00pm!" she squealed.

You sat down at your kitchen table, thinking it over whether or not you wanted to invite him or not. To be quite honest, he didn't scream the type of guy that would enjoy the fair much, but you figured it was worth a shot.

" 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘢
𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦. "

A few minutes passed by and still no answer from him.

You brushed it off and resumed cleaning up the dirty dishes in the sink, and fed Salem.

You continued on with your regular routine and showered up before heading out into the city to do a little grocery run.

"Alright boy, you better stay out of trouble while I'm gone!" you said as you gave Salem a pat on the head.

You grabbed your coat, purse and car keys off the counter and rushed out the front door.

~20 minutes later~

*buzz buzz*

You heard phone go off and looked down at the screen, it was Levi.

" 𝘪'𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘰 𝘵𝘯. "

"Like WHAT??" you said a tad bit too loud for your surroundings. You threw your phone back down into your purse that was sitting in your shopping cart.

He's being so dismissive..

You were irritated and confused. Things had actually seemed to be going pretty well, especially with the bike lessons he had been giving you. He has always offered you lessons during the weekends, but it's like...he's trying to avoid you, after what happened.

Just then, you also recalled something from last night, about not being around him anymore. This frustrated you beyond words.

"I'm not about to let some monkey faced prick interfere with the relationship that we had going.." you muttered under your breath.

Your life was just starting to get better.

Satisfied with your items, you started towards the tills and got checked out. As you were loading up your jeep with groceries, you heard a the sound of a roaring exhaust approaching.

You turned around seeing a guy on a Harley and recognized him immediately— it was Levi's uncle.

"That's a pretty nice ride ya got there." Kenny yelled out to you over the noisy engine.

"Oh- hi Mr.Ackerman!" you waved to him, as he parked beside you.

"I used to have a jeep myself, until I sold it for a bike, as you can see." he chuckled. "Let me help you with those."

He got off his motorcycle and walked over towards your cart, helping you load up your items.

"Ya know, Levi's not one to let others ride his motorcycles...I was surprised to see such a sight when I stopped by that day!" he acknowledged. "You must be a very special lady to him."

"I was grateful for his patience and willingness to teach me, I wasn't really sure how it would go, but after the first lesson, I just wanted to keep going and learn even more about bikes!" your pitch got higher, as the topic brought excitement to you. 

"Bikes can change your life that's for sure, it's the closest I've ever felt to freedom." he glanced over towards his bike, as his tone became lighter and more delicate. "It can be fun and rewarding, but it can also be dangerous and unpredictable, so patience is key."

"Of course." you smiled softly. It was reassuring to hear these words from Kenny, and the more he spoke, he reminded you of your father.

"I really appreciated the help Mr.Ackerman." you thanked him, as he placed the last bag in your trunk.

"Ah it was my pleasure." he tipped his hat to you and mounted his bike, started the rumbling engine.

"Ride safe!"

Your apartment
6:00pm

It was 6 o'clock, meaning Eren and Mika would be pulling up any minute now but, you were still running around your apartment trying to find your pair of black boots.

You gave up and just went with a brown pair so you could finish styling your hair. You chose to wear a cute, warm sweater with a fluffy gray beanie to match and you thought it came together nicely, appropriate for the fair.

It was nearing the end of November which meant the weather had gotten even cooler recently, so you made sure to layer.

Just then, you got a text from Mika saying they were outside.

You finished up your hair then grabbed your things to go.

You hurried down the steps and headed towards Eren's car that was parked several feet away, waving giddily at Mikasa that was sitting in his passenger seat.

As you pulled open the back door, you froze, seeing someone else already sitting in your spot.