𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖 - 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧

Ugh god, why right now!?

"Oh Y/n, hey! How have you been?" Jean smiled brightly.

"Eh fine. I really have to get going though, I have a..ugh thing to-" you stumble over your words before he cut you off.

"Look. We should really hang out sometime and catch up with each other."

"Jean I told you it's over between us." you huff, pushing past him on out the door.

But he grabbed your wrist. "N-No I mean just as friends!" he laughed nervously.

"Jean please. I know how you work-" you spat, flicking his hand away. "I have to go now."

You turned around and headed for your Jeep.

I wish he would just leave me the fuck alone... damn cheater.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞
𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 8:20𝐚𝐦

"I have so much work to catch up on and I don't even know how! I literally did all of Erwin's paper work from last Friday." you ranted to Mikasa and Sasha.

"That's how it is around this place you know.." Sasha sighed.

"Yep, and by the way, I heard the new intern is coming today." Mikasa added.

"What!? On a Monday, the busiest day of the entire week?"

Mikasa nodded, rolling her eyes. "Erwin's always gonna do it his way."

Speak of the devil.

"Ladies! Please welcome the new intern, she will be shadowing you all for this week, so be sure to be on top of your game!" Erwin announced aloud. "Y/n, she will be shadowing you for today and the rest of the week for that matter."

"Yes sir." you replied with a polite nod.

Erwin grinned, placing paperwork on the corner of your desk like he normally does and left you all to it.

"I'm Petra, it's a pleasure to meet you all!" she greeted everyone, reaching out her hand towards you.

Even though you really didn't feel like someone following you around all day, asking you questions, she didn't seem like she would be too big of a problem. You shook her hand with a smile and introduced yourself.

"Nice to meet you as well. This is Mikasa and Sasha, and over there by the printer is Hange. She's our lead supervisor, and gets along with everybody! You'll meet the rest soon enough."

𝐋𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤
1:00𝐩𝐦

"Everyone seems so nice and helpful around here! I think I'll like it here."

"It's not too bad I guess, but it is always hectic at the end of the year." you sighed.

*Ring Ring  Ring*

"Excuse me for a moment Petra."

Levi??

"H-Hello?" you answered.

"Yeah, Eren wanted to know if he could get Mikasa's number? I think she still has his jacket."

"Oh, well we are at work right now, but we're about to go on break if you guys wanna just meet us outside?" you suggested with your voice slightly shaking from nerves.