18

Marcus pov:
When I saw Demetri so lost it nearly made me grumble to the floor right along with him, but I couldn't let that happen. Instead I simply pull him against me in a tight hug while quietly talking to him in a comforting tone. Thankfully it seemed to help and I even further shocked myself by kissing his forehead. Yet I can't seem to be able to feel bad or sorry for it, quit the opposite. It after all felt so natural and right. We might not be mates, but we are way tighter than normal friends or siblings. Thinking about it, in all those books I read about two people mated to one and the same individual, will become co mates or even mates along some time, of course depending on the closeness between them. It always sounded unreal since Demetri always simply was a friend for me. Of course we got way closer after figuring out that we will share a mate in the future, but now I can see and feel our bond get stronger and stronger the more time we spend together with our mate. Our bonds aren't gold like they are with our tiny angel, but they are something like a mix of the silver which symbolizes family and the gold which means mates. I never saw any bond like that. But I kind of feel like that our bonds will turn completely golden over time. My feelings for him are way stronger than they have been ever. I always felt protective of him, more so than for other coven members, but nothing compared to the feeling I now have. Whenever someone comes close to him I have to hold myself back from jumping them just like I have with our sweet angel. The possessiveness growing stronger every minute which slowly starts to make me itchy. I can also sense that Demetri feels more comfortable towards me, for lack of a better description, more open. Otherwise he would of never allowed himself to let me see him this vulnerable. As vampires we only show that side to our mate, maybe to a father/mother figure but that's pretty much it!
That thought fills me with pride if I am being honest. It feels amazing to be able to comfort not one but both of my mates. Even if Demetri theoretically isn't my mate just yet, I still think of him that way already. Just like that the string connecting us turns even more golden which makes me puff out my chest proudly. His scent also starts to become more prominent in my head, in some way sweeter as it has been till now. It starts to call me towards him, but for now, i try to play it cool, let him figure it out in his own time. I after all don't want him to feel uncomfortable or overwhelmed. The second I move a bit to the side he automatically looks at me, seemingly getting more aware of my every move already. I can't help but smile softly at him as I watch him try to inhale my scent discreetly. His eyes falling shut as he takes another deep breath before he quickly snaps out of it and turns back to our still peacefully sleeping angel. Seems as if I won't have to wait that much longer till he does come to me with some questions, I think as I see him turn his head to one side like a confused puppy. Still trying to figure out why my scent suddenly smells more inviting to him.
„Have you recently talked to your brothers?" he questions completely out of the blue. No idea how he came up with that one, still I smile as he looks at me with a shy look in his eyes.
„They won't make you leave us right?" he goes on quit vulnerable before I had even the chance of answering. The question alone clenches at my dead heart. He just said us! So he truly must start to feel more for me as well already. His eyes quickly avert from mine in slight embarrassment after his eyes widened in realisation what he just asked. Slowly I stand up from the uncomfortable chair and make sure to stand to my full high. The room suddenly feels tense as I slowly yet confidently walk towards him. His deep red eyes watch my ever step in open awh while I preen at his astonished eyes. His eyes wandering over my whole body, feeding even more into my alpha male aura and behavior since I become even more aware that that's what he needs. He himself is very dominant that I know for a fact, but no where near as dominant compared to me. When I stop right in front of him, I can see him swallow heavily as his eyes stay at my crotch area for a second longer than he surely would like to admit. My hand automatically reaches out towards his cheek and he without a second thought nuzzles his head into it before his confused yet longing eyes find mine.
„Shh, you are fine." I tell him lovingly yet I still make sure to uphold my dominant aura. I can see his whole body go lax against me, completely relaxing at my soft command. His eyes still stay on mine with a hopeful look as well as an open yearning I have never seen before.
„Relax." I once more say as he exhales deeply and closes his eyes, now completely lax against my hand. Slowly I start to caresses my thumb along his cheekbone to which he softly sighs, but otherwise stays the way I wanted him to. Since I don't want him to feel rushed, I kiss his temple instead of his mouth like I desperately want to. Still, making him feel safe with me, is way more important and definitely my priority compared to my wants and needs. His mouth falls open at the brief contact, making me smile lovingly at him. Seeing him like this, only makes me even more thankful for our angel, because without her, we would of never fallen for each other as well. Without her this would of never been a possibility. Yet alone the trust I see and feel is giving me at that very moment makes me weak in the knees.
„You are such a good boy." I whisper in his ear, making sure my lips touch the soft spot right below his ear. The needy, yet lovely whine that leaves his lips, followed with his shuddering breathing is music in my ear.
„I will take good care of you honey." I add and right away get tackled by him as he cuddles himself as tightly against me as possible. His whole body shuddering with need and want he isn't even able to voice, yet I know exactly what my sweet boy needs. So I let him cuddle me as much as he wants and even help him by pulling him even tighter against me. Our bond now a bright gold that matches perfectly with our tiny angel who soon will wake up so that the three of us can finally start our life together!
„I am all yours mate of mine. Only yours and our little angels." I softly tell him while still pulling him close into me. Making sure his whole body is pushed agains mine.
„And to answer your question, they are not ordering me away from the two of you. There is nothing that will ever set the three of us apart." I tell him honestly as I make him look me in the eyes as I say it. Needing him to understand how serious I am about that. Seeing his eyes fill with tears of utter relief makes me smile at him softly, did he really think that I would leave either of them? Well, no longer, that is for sure. Of that I am going to make sure!