Rookie Season

"Patrick I don't know what my decision is yet. I'm not making any promises." I say to my teammate.

"Just keep it in mind that we have an amazing team. A team that just won the Super Bowl. We have the first big four in NFL history. They call us the Fantastic Four." He said.

I chuckled at his attempts for me to resign with Kansas City. "KC is my number one choice as of right now but my mind isn't completely set on it. I appreciate your efforts though Pat."

"Alright fine. But if you decide to not resign then I wanna be the first person that knows." He relied.

"I got you." I say and hang up the call.

My first NFL contract was only for one year. My rookie season. I got drafted to the Kansas City Chiefs. I won Rookie of the Year as well as the Super Bowl against Tom Brady and the Bucs.

I'm not lying when I say we do have a great team. Me, Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill. I mean we're unstoppable. Plus we have a really great coach in Andy Reid.

A lot of people hated when I got drafted. A women in a man's sport. But also because I'm a quarterback. Why would KC draft a QB when they already have a superstar QB?

I fulfilled the RB position. Another position that I'm really good at. We ran the league this year. No lie, it would be nice to run it back but I'm not so sure.

Kansas City is too far away from home for me. I miss my family. I know my parents miss all of their children. I stay in KC. Jordan lives in San Francisco because he plays for the Warriors. Storm is in L.A because of filming for her shows and movies.

But our schedules are now free. It's the off-season for both Jordan and I. He actually just won the NBA Finals. So we're both bringing home rings. Storm just finished filming season two of Euphoria.

Right now the three of us are on my private plane back to our hometown, Baltimore. We chose to spend our free time together as a family.

It's been awhile since I've been home and actually stayed. After high school, I played for the Gators at the University of Florida. After that it was the big league.

The plane lands and we stepped out, breathing in the hometown air. "It feels good to be back."

"It's gon' feel even better rubbing our championship rings in dad's face." Jordan said.

"It would feel really good to mom and I if you three don't talk about sports the entire time. You're athletes, we get it." Storm spoke as she walked pass us, hopping into the SUV.

"Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." Jordan chuckled before getting into the truck as well.

I shook my head at my siblings while also getting into the vehicle. Our parents didn't know that we're on the way home. We kind of wanted to surprise them.

"If their schedules are still the same then mom and pops should be home in exactly fifteen minutes." I say checking my watch.

"Good. I need momma to make some food. Ain't nothing like a good home cooked meal." Jordan said.

He's not wrong. Can't nobody cook like our mother. She knows how to throw it down in the kitchen. Using the key we have, we made our way into our childhood home.

"They need some new furniture. They've had this same couch since I was seven." Storm spoke.

"I've been trying to tell them that. But you know how dad is. Won't spend money unless he has to." I respond.

We checked out our old rooms to kill the remaining time. Everything was still the same from my high school days.

We heard the car pull into the driveway and got into place. The front door unlocked as our parents came walking in.

"Surprise." Jordan, Storm, and I yelled.

"My babies." Our mother said excitedly.

I hugged both of my parents while we all caught up with each other. Just like he said, Jordan asked mom to cook. And she did.

We all sat at the dinner table eating and talking. Enjoying much needed family time. Right now Jordan and I were in a debate with our father.

"Dad we're much better athletes than you." I said.

"Oh yeah, how so?" He asked.

I looked at my brother with a smirk. "Because we have rings." We said in unison.

We flashed off our icy championship rings. Rubbing it in his face like I knew we would.

"I'm very proud of you three. I knew all my babies would make it big." Mom says.

"Thanks momma." Storm smiled.

"I actually have some big news. You're all looking at the new head coach for the football team at the University of Maryland." Dad announces.

"That's major pops. Congratulations." Jordan said.

"So who's gonna be the new coach for MVT High?" I asked.

"I don't know yet but you should go check them out. The both of you actually. The football and basketball team both have a prodigy on its rosters. Some kids named Michael London and Mikey Williams." He answers.

"Fasho. We'll check them out in the morning." I reply. 

I spent a couple more hours with everybody before calling it a night. I went to my own house. A house I bought right after I got drafted. But since I lived in KC, I've never actually been here.

I seen someone sitting on my doorstep and I knew who it was immediately.

"Skai what are you doing here?" I asked a light smile on my face.

"Heard you were back in town. Thought I'd stop by and say hey." She answered.

"Seeing me before Storm? She'd kill you if she knew." I say.

"I'm not the only one. She'd kill you too if she knew all the things you did with her best friend." Skai replied.

"At least I'd be dying happy." I said before our lips crashed onto each others.

I opened up the door letting us both inside. Man it feels so fucking good to be home.

___________________

Slow first chapter. Chapter two will also get posted today.

Not Proofread

Until Next Time.