Late Night

Y/N's P.O.V

I quickly put on some clothes, not caring too much about my appearance.

I was gonna take Lauren to a place that I'm very sentimental about

I was gonna take Lauren to a place that I'm very sentimental about. She'd be the first person that I ever took there.

She wants to define us and on the outside I'm playing it cool. On the inside I'm kind of scared, I guess, or nervous. I never really had to make my feelings known or label them because the other person just knew what it was.

But this is different. Lauren's not one of them girls that I use to fuck with before. I actually feel something for her. I like her real fucking bad.

This all just happened so quickly but I don't care. That's why I'm going to give her what she really wants. Because as fast as I got her, I can lose her even faster. I don't want that to happen. 

All the signs are pointing towards her. I can't ignore that anymore. I don't want to do that. This isn't a game no more. I'm over that back and forth shit.

I went back downstairs to find Lauren dressed and ready to go. I don't think I mention it enough but this woman is so damn gorgeous.

We got into my matte black Jeep Trackhawk. I knew of a spot that was open at this time of night. If I'm gonna do what I know she wants I thought to do it a place that's meaningful.

"Where are we going?" Lauren asked.

"I'll tell you when we get there. And before you ask that stupid question, no I'm not gonna murder you. I think I already did that enough tonight." I reply.

"Shut up." She laughed softly.

It was a thirty minute drive filled with low music and good conversation. It was around 12:15 when we got there. Every single memory of this place popped up in my head as I looked around. Still looked the same as always.

"Why are we at a lake?" Lauren questioned.

I grabbed her hand as we started walking around. I never thought something as simple as a lake would mean so much to me.

"This lake belongs to my grandfather. When Jordan, Storm, and I were younger our grandparents would take us here all the time. Our grandad always took us out on his boat and taught us how to fish."

"Our grandmother would teach us about outer space. She loved to tell us about the stars and the moon. She taught us damn near every constellation there is. This lake doesn't have the cleanest water but that never stopped Jordan and I from swimming in it. I remember one summer we were sick for two weeks straight because of that."