1st Game

"You're gonna make me hate the game football forever if I see you catch one more ball today." Anthony says.

"My bad." I chuckle turning off the ball throwing machine. "But you know this clears my mind."

"I'm gonna assume you're stressed about the game later today?" He asked.

"Well yeah. This is my coaching debut. It could either go really well or not really well. And if I fuck this up then what does that say about me as a player? I mean I'm supposed to be a professional athlete but can't even coach some high schoolers."

"Exactly. You're a professional NFL player who has been coached by the legendary Andy Reid. Look I'm gonna use some NBA terms cause I know more about that sport but just listen."

"Luke Walton, former NBA player but terrible coach. He sucked with the Lakers. Steve Kerr also a former NBA player but an outstanding coach. The man has like nine rings. He coaches your brother too. You're the Steve in this situation, not a Luke. Also your father fits in the description." Anthony goes on, patting my shoulder before walking back in the house.

"Thanks, I guess." I mumbled confused.

I'm eighty percent sure that I understood that. I ain't too sure. My coaching debut was a problem for me but not the only one. That weird run in with Lauren replayed in my head all damn night.

I didn't get to sleep properly because of that. It's not what she said about Michael. That part I understood. I'm one of his biggest inspirations. He's told me that countless times.

It's the whole checking her out thing. She told me to be more discreet about it like she wants me to do it again. It's as if she's testing me. She's fucking with me and I'm going to figure out why.

I covered my face with a towel wiping off the sweat. When I removed the towel, Skai stood there eyeing me intensely.

"Hi." I chuckled breaking the silence.

"Hey. Are you done with your stress workout?" She asked.

"I am. What are you doing out here? You know Storm hate seeing us together." I say.

It's not like Storm really knows that I'm fucking around with her best friend. But ever since Marsai admitted that she had a crush on Jordan, Storm hates any of her friends associating with her siblings.

"Storm will be fine. We're actually coming to the game tonight. All of us are." Skai replied.

Great. That just puts even more pressure on me. This is exactly how I felt when I was about to play in my first NFL game. Very nerve racking.

"Good. I will see your pretty face there." I smiled.

Without even looking I could feel Storm's intense glare at us through the glass door. Fucking my sister's best friend just might be my best kept secret.

_____________

After a quick shower, I put on some comfortable clothes that matched with the days weather.