Take a Walk

3 Weeks Later

Y/N's P.O.V

"What's up with all these damn flowers? You starting a business with them or something?" Jordan asked walking inside my house.

"No, they're all from Lauren." I answer.

"It's like a hundred bouquets in here. Wait a minute, yo ass like flowers?" He asked.

"Yes nigga. Damn, I can't like flowers or something?" I reply.

"Just wouldn't expect you of all people to like something like flowers. What's going on with y'all anyway. Y'all back together or what?" Jordan questioned.

"Nah, nothing like that. We're still separated, taking time apart. I think yesterday was the longest amount of time we spent together since everything went down." I respond.

"Sis, you better than me. Cause if a girl puts in the amount of work that Lauren's been doing, I woulda been went back. Especially when she a baddie." He said.

"Yo soft hearted ass would go back to any baddie period. They gon be the death of you." I chuckle.

"I'm with you when ya right." He says.

Lauren was actually proving herself as of lately. She knows that we are taking time apart and I do love how she's found a way to work around that.

Like she's figured out my sleeping schedule. Every morning she'll come to my house, cook me breakfast, and leave a different cute message on the whiteboard that's on my fridge. Then she'll obviously leave before I wake up.

She texts me all the time to let me know that she loves me or that I'm always on her mind. But yesterday she took a big step. She literally dragged me out the house and took me to the lake.

She had set up this cheesy picnic. You know all that cute yet corny stuff. When I asked her why, her answer really touched my heart.

"As much as I love this lake, why here?" I asked.

She looked around the lake before answering. "Because it means a lot to you. You took me here and opened yourself up to me. You showed me a side of you that I realized most people don't get to see. I knew that I was falling for you but damn it that night I fell. This is also the exact spot where you asked me to be your girlfriend. That was one of the best nights of my life."

It gave me hope that shit will start looking up for us. When it comes down to it, I don't want anyone else. Lauren is the love of my life.

Today is a busy day. Odell and I have to finalize our contracts with the Ravens. Then we're making a big announcement on ESPN about our decision. After that I have to meet up with Michael and go over a few plays. Today is his championship game.

When I disappeared to Los Angeles I guess they postponed the games. It makes sense since Michael left as well.

Having already showered, I got dressed quickly since I was a little behind schedule. I ended up going with something not too major.